Pride (4)

V made an eye contact to the helpless young man sitting in front of him. Joshua.

Joshua: "I'm happy that you visit me again. I don't get much visitors as much as would I love to."

V smirked. He knew he was the only one visiting him and he also knew he didn't want anyone to visit him.

Nobody would be visiting him.

Joshua: "I didn't do it, V."

V looked away from him. He also knew about the cruelty Joshua had been experiencing. He knew somebody set him up. He knew he was innocent.

But he could do nothing about it. And it made him felt helpless like he was.

V: "I know."

Joshua started crying.

Joshua: "But why me?"

V didn't say a word. He wanted to blame himself because even though he wouldn't admit it himself, he knew he had something to do with it. And that everything that went wrong was all because of him.

Joshua: "I don't want to be here, V. I want to live freely. I don't want to be here."

V nodded as he clenched his fists.

V: "You don't belong here."

Was he referring to the man weeping in front of him or to himself?

Joshua: "Please help me. Please."

Help.

V: "I need help."

The two looked at each other. And the most unexpected one asked for help?

Swallowing his saliva, he found his courage to utter words he never expected he could.

V: "I need you to help me."

Help

Joshua knitted his eyebrows. Confused.

Joshua: "What do you mean?"

V: "I – I hurt Angel Grace."

Joshua sighed in disbelief. And by hurt, he knew V physically hurt her. Because he knew V hurt people's emotions whenever he wanted to. He gave him a judging look.

To V it was disrespectful but he there was acceptance to such act. For he knew to himself, he earned it.

Joshua: "is this the reason why you're here?"

V shrugged his shoulders. He didn't want to tell him yes because for some reason he also wanted to talk to him.

As a friend.

V: "I – you know - I talk to you."

Joshua shook his head in disbelief.

Joshua: "Do you even consider me as your friend?"

V didn't answer him but –

V: "I want to apologize to her."

Joshua couldn't say a word out from his disbelief.

V: "I did but she turned me away."

Joshua smirked.

Joshua: "It's your fault for hurting her. Wait—is she okay?"

V just nodded.

Joshua: "Talk to her sincerely."

V gave Joshua an I-don't-think-so-look.