Sloth (2)

"Officer Heavens, there are eyes watching us."

**

V and Angel Grace looked at each other. V definitely knew the unknown man was referring to them.

They could hear Officer Heavens sighing.

Officer Heavens:

"Angel Grace painting's eyes look so real. Everytime I look at this painting, it reminds me always of my wife as she stares at me while I tried to conceal the sins I did."

The officer slightly laughed while the man before him smirked ~ tapping the table nearest to him.

**

V was about to sneeze but
Angel Grace immediately covered his mouth with her hand. She feared they might get caught. Officer Heavens would again be asking her series of questions on why they were there.

Then she glared at him.

**

"This room is a little dusty, officer."

*he sighed while rubbing his nose

"It's disappointing how you rejected my offer, though. But I'm more joyous of seeing the original painting of Angel Grace inside your home."

**

Officer Heavens:

"Why are you very interested with the painting?"

**

The man laughed.

**

"I heard it shines light in the dark."

Officer Heavens nodded.

Officer Heavens:

"It does. That's why I'm not selling it."

The officer headed towards the door and showed his visitor the way out.

"Have a blissful day, officer."

**

Officer Heavens:

"You too."

**

**

**

*************************

Angel Grace slowly crept outside the table and checked whether officer heavens and his visitor were totally gone.

Then she saw V checking on the painting again. He was yawning.

Angel Grace:

"This may sound very demanding to you but . . . Don't enter this room again."

*

V smirked. Then she saw Angel Grace on top of the table, removing a portion of the ceiling ~ showing a light coming out from her room.

She extended her arms and tried to climb going up.

Angel Grace:

"Ascending into heaven is a struggle, V Morningstar."

**as she was referring her room as heaven.

V smirked. He too opened the entrance of his room on the floor.