Chapter 2 - Web novels... they were genuinely addicting

A/N: Do you think you could survive in a zombie apocalypse? 

XG 2- Web novels... they were genuinely addicting

Their food finally arrived, stopping their conversation. The hungry students of Class 5-1 no longer had any interest to continue talking, busy filling up their hungry stomachs.

Wong Xue Guo continues watching the news as she eats slowly, the violent video did not affect her appetite as it was filmed in low resolution, and missed out on many details, courtesy of the shaking hands of the device's owner. She had seen more gore from TV series before and she gained some immunity towards it.

The clip seems to be from last night's, where a group of policemen tried to contain two violent humans that no longer looked like normal humans. The tough policemen suffered bite marks that tore their uniforms and skin off. The entire scene was disgusting and worked well as an appetite killer for the diners. Yet no one was able to peel their eyes away, wanting to know the ending.

But the clip ended before the outcome was known, earning a few diner's groans of dissatisfaction. However, they were also glad it ended and greedily soaked in the warmth emitted by the crowd around them to get rid of the chill growing from their body. The video gave them a hair-raising sensation, bringing out deep fear in them as it happened at a place close to their home.

Most of the diners decided that after tonight, they will spend more time at home to avoid any accidents.

As Wong Xue Guo guessed, the newsperson said the clip was from last night, and that the violent humans were arrested, with the injured policemen sent to the hospital for treatment. The newsperson also advised everyone to avoid going out if possible and stay at home until the medical department finally finds a cure to eliminate the violent tendency.

Students of Class 5-1 finished their dinner and queued up to enter the cinema when Wong Xue Guo's phone vibrated in her pocket, working hard to inform its owner there was a call incoming.

The time was currently 7.02 p.m.

The screen display told her the caller was her mother.

Telling others to get in first, since Chen Jiang An had sent the barcode ticket to their WhatsApp group chat, Wong Xue Guo moved to the side to answer the call. Instead of going in, her two friends choose to follow her, their ears strained in concentration to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Mother?"

Unlike her usual calm and composed mother, the woman from the other end of the line was sobbing rather emotionally.

The worried expression on Wong Xue Guo's face changed into anxiousness. "Mother, what's wrong? Did something happen to father?"

The only person that could make her mother this emotional in this world was her father. Not even her late maternal grandparents could make her mother this zealous when it comes to the matter of emotions.

"Guo Guo... Guo Guo..."

Hearing that heart-wrenching cries, Wong Xue Guo was even more certain something must have happened to her father. "I will come back now."

The eavesdropping duo who had heard some of the conversations were also concerned on her behalf. Both of them planned to follow Wong Xue Guo to go back and see if they could help.

"Yes... No! Don't go anywhere, baby!"

Wong Xue Guo had just taken a step when the 'baby' word stopped her legs. Were her ears playing tricks on her? Her mother had never called her by any form of endearment, and the most intimate was calling her by a nickname, Guo Guo.