Chapter 187 - A courageous idiot

XG 187 - A courageous idiot

"He brought along a group of zombies with him," Chen Yibo reported.

"Let's go and greet them." The people from the temple would be joining the Musihada base, and it would be better for them to remain ignorant of her ability.

The first thing Wong Xue Guo noticed from the enemy was his gold ear piercing in a symbol of a cross, glinted under the bright moon. On his hand was an impressive-sized sword without a sheath with bright blue gemstone plastered on its hilt.

Although she does wonder how he would use his ability with that sword, she does not give him the chance to show it. Catching him off guard, her shadow swam up from the ground and absorbed his energy, as well as from the zombies behind him.

She was already mindful not to absorb all his energy, but it was actually harder than absorbing everything.

Control was easy to say but hard to do.

The swordsman gaped at the shadow, and then at Wong Xue Guo in shock. That sensation of being sucked dry was similar to the punishment his Lord had given him when he failed his task. None of the other vassals could duplicate their Lord's method in absorbing other beings' life force, and soon, everyone accepted that it was their Lord's sole ability, as well as their key to obedience.

Just who is this black-clothed person?!

Wong Xue Guo turned to the surprised Chen Yibo at how quickly the enemy was subdued. "Can you read him?"

"Yes..."

"Find out everything you can from him quickly. We can't let him recover enough to fight back."

"Okay."

By the time Chen Yibo got everything important from the swordsman, the others had finished digging out a path wide enough for their cars to drive through.

"Xue Guo, are you going to kill him?" Chen Yibo asked hesitantly.

"The probability of him dying if we leave him alone is high, but the chances of him getting rescued before he takes his last breath is also high. You did say one of his friends will be joining him later." Her current skill level should remain a secret from Zene for as long as possible.

"Yes, but-"

"I'm the sinner, not you."

"Wait, that's not it!"

Wong Xue Guo nearly had a heart attack when Chen Yibo stood between her and the swordmaster. "What are you doing!"

Even the swordmaster was surprised that this young man would stand between them.

"He says he wants to join us."

"That's not important!"

"It's not?" Chen Yibo eyed the angry Wong Xue Guo in puzzlement.

"If I had not reacted faster, I would have eaten you up cleanly! Are you not afraid of dying?"

"I'm afraid, but I know you won't do that to me."

A gunshot stopped their argument. The swordmaster had moved his sword, and his movement had L.L. shoot beside him warningly.

"Yibo?"

Chen Yibo rushed to answer. "He just wanted to place down his sword to show his surrender. He also says that as long as we aim to defeat the Lord, he will be our ally."

The swordmaster caught on that this young man has the ability of a mind reader and did not do anything to block it. Attempting to block his mind would raise suspicion instead.