Chapter 11- Please think of us mere mortals

XG 11 - Please think of us mere mortals

From the monitor screen, Vihaan had seen a group of youngsters with the same plan of using the elevator to escape. But they had not foreseen that there would be monsters waiting for them inside the elevator, with the amount too large for them to handle. Two of the survivors were instantly attacked, with the others screaming as they ran away.

He does not know where they were now, or whether they managed to survive.

"I'm talking about the staff's elevator. This mall has it, right?"

Vihaan sighed and shook his head. "The staff's elevator was broken down for days and yet to be fixed. Everyone had been using other ways to get to their office."

"That staircase beside the elevator, does it go down?"

"No. The design of the staircase is only towards the rooftop so that no random people could go there for reasons unknown." Vihaan had heard from the grapevine that the owner of this mall had done that to avoid people using his building to commit suicide. That would instantly destroy Diamond mall's reputation and sales.

Even if the real reason was typical of business-minded men, it also prevented dangerous cases so no one complained about it.

"There is another staircase for staff that could reach down the parking lot," Vihaan added.

"I know. I used that to come up, but I would not advise that path. It's compromised." At that time, Suzie Yap was annoyed at how slow the elevator was and decided to use a lesser occupancy stairway to rush up to the highest floor.

Her act of running up was in contrast to other people that were rushing down to escape. Some good-hearted people advised her to turn back but she just smiled and thanked them before continuing on. It was only thanks to her honed reflex and sharp instinct she managed to bypass the failures she met halfway up. Some of them changed targets to her and chased her relentlessly, which also led to even more failures towards her.

Unfortunately, that staircase could not be used anymore after she locked the door and barred it with heavy equipment. Those failures might still be banging on the door, or going away after being distracted by other sounds. She would have used that route again regardless of the danger, but she was considerate of her baby's stamina and running skills.

"Well, even if you did successfully make your way to the parking lot, it might be even more dangerous there," Vihaan said solemnly.

The parking lot was naturally one of the places where survivors would go because most of their car was parked there. Vihaan does not dare to think the situation there was any better than inside the mall. The thought of those monsters managing to leave the shopping mall and infect everyone in the city was too horrifying to imagine. He only hoped the rumoured army that had surrounded the building was true.

"As long as they can be killed, there's nothing to be afraid about. Arm yourself with some weapon that can kill those zombies. We will be leaving soon," Suzie Yap said.

While the adults were talking, Wong Xue Guo had her ears on them and her eyes on her mobile phone that had lit up to inform her she received a message.

Nurul Hanani had replied to her message!

However, she could see that the sender was actually Low Lin Ya, who likely had her phone destroyed and borrowed Nurul Hanani's.

Lin Ya: Hani has been bitten and she does not look good. We are hiding in a big sports shop. Outside is full of those zombies. Guo Guo, you are out of the shopping mall, right?