Chapter 19 - Finding a zombie

XG 19 - Finding a zombie

Not knowing his secret was exposed, John was sweeping as much stomach-filling food into the large plastic bag. Satisfied, he immediately thought of searching for his Goddess and brushing her favorability.

The sound of chewing and crispy plastic bags entered his ears while he journeys back. John's face unconsciously frowned. He could see that Suzie Yap's partner was someone important to her, or else why would she still let the infected girl remain alive? She had literally barged into the washroom to rescue that girl.

But John has no plans in letting that girl continue tagging along and threatening his safety. Suzie Yap only needs to focus on him and once they experienced hardship together, she would definitely succumb to his seduction. His smile grew wider, already imagining that moment.

Moving silently as he pulled out a pocket knife from his jacket, John headed to where the infected girl was, his gaze becoming ruthless. But the sharp gaze was immediately dispersed like a cloud facing the fierce wind when he saw the girl was not the one from the video.

His body trembled in fear as he watched the infected girl shove food into her mouth non-stop. Was she trying to hold back her urge to bite people by eating food?

His distracted state had his guard down, and only when he felt pain on his back did he become aware of the danger way too late.

Nurul Hanani noticed someone was getting closer to her and raised her head, just in time to see a woman coming behind that man. She trembled from the sudden chill when she saw Suzie Yap's eyes staring at the man as if he was trash that needed to be removed.

Her body jerked in reflex when the unguarded man was stabbed on his back. With wide eyes, she watched as the elder woman grabbed the man's neck and dragged him away. That man's trashing failed to dislodge the choking grip, but it successfully made the wound wider on his back.

"Do you think I will let your kind of person around me?" Suzie Yap whispered and they left Nurul Hanani's view.

Among her family members whose careers were in the police force, Nurul Hanani did not hesitate to admit she was the one with the lowest sense of justice. No thanks to Wong Xue Guo's influence, she would choose to help her family and good friends whom she trusted, whether they were right or wrong, instead of outsiders.

Hands shaking as she grabbed a new pack of potato chips, she messily tore it and stuffed herself again.

Guo Guo, your mother is way too different from what we think!

After going through countless snack bags, Nurul Hanani drank two bottles of water to moisten her dry throat. She even drank two bottles of milk under Suzie Yap's advice and felt her state was much better than before. Her mind was much clearer and she could finally move, but still in a sluggish way.

She finally feels alive!

The disadvantage of her current state was that the bite on her upper arm revealed its presence strongly, working her pain receptors to the max.

Suzie Yap grabbed the bag filled with snacks and brought them out of the convenience store. "Continue eating."

Ignoring her curiosity about what happened to the male worker, Nurul Hanani obeyed, opening a potato chip gingerly to avoid moving her injured arm much. "Mrs Wong, how much should I eat? Is it better to save some in case there's no more food?"

Like Wong Xue Guo, Nurul Hanani had also watched tons of apocalypse-setting movies and had lately been binging Netflix movies. She knew food was an important item to get in those situations.