Chapter 120 - Something happen to Brother Xunsu?

Owed chapter 7/7! FINALLY! I'm worn out from churning out all the owed chapters... But it feels good that my debts are paid off! Have fun reading~

XG 120 - Something happen to Brother Xunsu?

As the siblings had already dealt with the church members, Charles and Suzie focused on Wong Xue Guo, who was bleeding heavily. Her injury was too serious for their limited amount of medicine and the doctor in their base does not dare to guarantee Wong Xue Guo's safety even after the operation.

"Your parents went to activate their gene first and tried to see if at least one of them could get a healing ability. Uncle Charles has metal manipulation ability while Aunt Suzie has a healing ability."

It took quite some time for Wong Xue Guo to digest the news before she quickly looked down at herself. She was dressed in her two-piece pyjamas, so it was easy for her to pull up her top to reveal her stomach.

Chen Yibo diverted his eyes away as she scanned her stomach. She rubbed the small spot that was whiter and pinkish than the rest of the skin area with a bewildered expression. It was much more sensitive and smoother, the sign of new skin.

Had Chen Yibo not told her it was just six days after her injury, she would have believed months had actually passed. The pain as the thick wood pierced into her flesh was still so vivid and strong in her mind, but her body was already almost healed.

"Holy shit..." Wong Xue Guo breathed out. With her fingers still touching and poking her newly healed flesh, she asked, "Yibo. My mom. She should almost be bedridden after healing such serious injury."

They had often heard that Vihaan would tire out after using his ability for a long time, to the point he would have fainted away. He would need to eat a lot to replenish his energy, or else even more of his black hair would turn into white. Vihaan was doing better the more he used his ability, but it was not that much better.

Wong Xue Guo doubted her mother would have strong healing ability and definitely needed to constantly use her ability for the wound to close up well. That would need a lot of food intake!

"Aunt Suzie's hair completely turned white by the time she finish healing your injury and she became skeleton thin. She refused to stop until your wound is pretty much completely healed. Uncle Charles forced her to rest and eat plenty, so she's fine. She's happy that you are out of danger, and... she considered it a piece of good news that her ability gotten stronger after constantly forcing to empty out her energy."

Actually, Suzie Yap has a very strong tolerance and was a very healthy person. Even after she had awakened her gene, she could still move around and do her daily activity with no problem. But she had completely exhausted herself to cure Wong Xue Guo's injury, even going as far as trying to remove any chance of that wound becoming a scar.

"Where did my parents go?" Wong Xue Guo asked. Although she was somewhat assured her parents were fine, it would ease her worry if she saw them with her own eyes.

"They went to Zinnia country. Mr Chin had relayed a piece of information he has gotten that Aunt Suzie's family is involved with the mastermind behind the gene. They rushed there before the Moretti family could launch an attack on our base. From their memory, it's supposed to be around two years into the apocalypse era, but Mr Chin got reports that they are moving."

It was the first time Wong Xue Guo had heard about her mother's family. She had only known her mother was born in Zinnia before she left the country after her father, her only family, passed away. Not long after, she met Charles Wong during winter and their romance story started.

"Mr Chin? You mean my father's adopted son, Chin Chun?" Wong Xue Guo asked in surprise.

Chen Yibo nodded. "He arrived three days ago. He's waiting for you to wake up to meet you. Do you want to see him now?"

"... Let me take a quick bath first." After six days of lying on the bed without bathing, she would be stinky. It would be a poor impression to meet her adopted brother in such a manner.

Since he had already waited for her, it would not hurt him to wait for a little longer.

Chen Yibo removed her IV drip after it finished, his movement as natural as an experienced nurse. After nearly falling off the bed after only lying on the bed for six days, she had to do some light stretching to get back her normal mobility.

"What's this?" She spotted a stack of paper on the mini table, with her name written on it.

"Your test result. Aunt Suzie was worried that her ability might miss some of your injured parts, so the researchers just did a complete check up on you. We are also interested in what extent Aunt Suzie's ability would reach. One stack is before Aunt Suzie started healing you, and another stack is after she used her healing ability on you."

Wong Xue Guo does not know most of the scientific terms and would certainly just ignore the report if it was not her own body's report. Briefly glancing through, she stopped at a certain section that grabbed her attention.

"The percentage increased?"

"Yes. We are uncertain what caused the increase, but it's worth looking into it."

"Do I need to do anything?"

"When they need something, they will look for you, so don't worry."

Chen Yibo had to leave when he received an urgent message and she could finally attend to her personal hygiene.

Firmly assuring herself that Chin Chun would understand that a lady needs a long time to get dressed, she took her own time to give herself a good scrub. She only exited the bathroom after her skin turned pink from the scrubbing and heat. It feels good to feel clean and even her mind plays tricks that make her believe her body feels lighter.

Putting on one of the few dresses Aunty Cheung had packed for her, she was now ready to give a good impression to her adopted brother.

But her enthusiasm was put to rest when she was told Chin Chun was discussing communication lines with those that were in the same field. Graciously 'forgiving' him, Wong Xue Guo decided to visit Kang Xunsu since Chen Yibo was not around to keep her company.

Strangely, she did not find him at his usual hangouts. Puzzled, she also did not find L.L. What are they up to?

Ignoring the stares as she wandered around any possible places that they would go, she finally found a friendly face.

"You are awake!" Ash exclaimed in joy before she could utter a greeting. His hair was growing, revealing his original colour before he had dyed his hair a grey colour.

"Yes. I apologize for worrying everyone. May I know if you have seen Xunsu or L.L?"

Ash's expression turned uncomfortable. "Did Yibo not tell you about Brother Xunsu?"

That question and expression immediately put her on alert. "Did something happen to Brother Xunsu?"

"Ah..." Ash's eyes darted around as if trying to look for an escape route. Seeing none and Wong Xue Guo pinning him down with a steady gaze, he lamented that he had to be the carrier of the bad news.

"Please tell me," Wong Xue Guo persisted, her eyebrow furrowed.

Ash's voice was as tiny as a mosquito. "... Brother Xunsu is in the medical ward."

Wong Xue Guo did not stay to put pressure on Ash to spill out the details. It would save time for her to just go straight to the medical ward and see for herself.

"Xue Guo-!" Ash trailed off, his hand hanging in midair, unable to stop Wong Xue Guo from sprinting away.

He also does not dare to follow, since it would be painful to look at her once she cried. They were not overly familiar to the point where he could be the one to comfort her. He had totally expected Chen Yibo to tell her about Kang Xunsu, but he had totally skipped that topic!

Since L.L. was there with Kang Xunsu, she should be fine, right?