Chapter 68 - Is this a secret code or something?

XG 68 - Is this a secret code or something?

Chen Yibo immediately dashed into the room a second after Kang Xunsu. The flashlight moved around the room like a disco ball from Chen Yibo's movement, so she could only count on her ears to hear to figure out what was going on in the room. As soon as the guys entered the room, the three crayon-ish figures immediately went back into the room, likely to protect their owner.

Wong Xue Guo's night vision was not that good, so she exempted herself from joining the fray in the darkroom.

Suddenly, the room seemed to be brighter and it was not from the flashlight. It was Chen Yibo that ripped off the curtain, along with the thick layer of newspapers sticking onto the window, borrowing light from the sun.

With the help of the sunlight, she could see Kang Xunsu had successfully restrained the thin figure with both of her hands twisted behind her back and her face was mercilessly pressed onto the dirty floor. The thin woman was screaming and saying something Wong Xue Guo could not understand, but what she could understand was her screaming will bring more danger to them.

"Shut up!" Kang Xunsu pressed his gun onto the screaming woman's head, but she still continued screaming.

Chen Yibo quickly spoke to the woman in Korean, and it worked to reduce the volume of her screaming. After a moment of conversing with the woman, he suddenly changed his tone, coaxing the woman as one does to a child until she finally stopped screaming.

When the woman stopped resisting Kang Xunsu's grip, the crayon-ish figures also stopped moving. Their stillness was the same as robots that were no longer receiving any instruction from their owner.

"What is it?" Kang Xunsu asked Chen Yibo, his gun still pressing onto the woman's head.

"She does not seem mentally sound. I had to speak to her as if she was a child to finally get her to open up to me. She had been calling the dark figures as her parents, telling us not to hurt them."

"Brother Xunsu, look at her arm," Wong Xue Guo said with a tone of urgency.

Kang Xunsu looked down and saw a bite mark on the woman's arm, but it looked days old. "So... she survived?"

"These figures are her ability," Chen Yibo confirmed.

"Will she attack us if I release her?" Kang Xunsu asked.

"I will try to talk her out of it."

The walkie-talkie resting in Kang Xunsu's military vest pocket buzzed and L.L's voice echoed in the room. "Need help?"

"No," Kang Xunsu answered. "Keep an eye on zombies that get attracted by the screaming."

Now that the room was lit up with natural light, Wong Xue Guo took in the damp room with a smelly odor. She could even smell urine from the air which could not be blocked with her mask. This small room looked to be the young girl's bedroom, with empty packets of food and drink littered on the floor.

There was a picture from the table stand consisting of a family of three and a brown dog. She vaguely matched the smiling daughter in the picture as the deranged girl, and the mother, if she had not guessed wrong, was the zombie tied up on the chair behind the cashier.

So far, Wong Xue Guo only knew two ability users, which were Nurul Hanani and Vihaan. Her mother had mentioned that they could somehow influence what ability they will get during the awakening process by their strong desire. In the other future, Suzie Yap and Charles Wong had already awakened their genes long before knowing that theory, so they could not test it on themselves.