Chapter 130 - The string of sanity snapped

XG 130 - The string of sanity snapped

Woojin was not huge and did not take up much space, thus the room looked spacious. Even with Wong Xue Guo and Kang Xunsu in there earlier, there was still enough space. But now, it was cramped with so many people diving in to observe the experiment.

Wong Xue Guo suddenly feels like a white lab rat about to be experimented on by a group of overly eager scientists with maniac gaze.

She was forced to stick white patches on her temple and heart to monitor her heart rate. Once the radar goes off, the experiment would immediately stop. That was not the way to stop the experiment, as she was also allowed to call off the experiment anytime she wanted.

After all, she was still Director Wong's daughter. If anything bad happened to her, who knows what would happen to them?

After getting an 'ok' from the recording researchers, Woojin held her hand, as his ability was stronger with skin contact, and unleashed his ability on her. This time, with the new information he had in hand, he was not afraid, even if he was a little skirmish from the past experience with her unexpected violence.

To say Woojin does not hold a grudge was untrue. Since he got the chance to retaliate, he took it gleefully. Not knowing what Woojin was thinking or even caring about it, Wong Xue Guo braced herself and resisted her instinct to fight back.

The familiar fear rose in her heart, colliding with her rational side. It was manageable, thus her poker face was perfectly held up.

On the other hand, Woojin was puzzled that it did not work. Calming his nerves with the excuse that the new ability would need practice before growing familiar with it, he tried a few more methods to activate his new ability.

One of the best ways to distract yourself from fear was to think of other things. Thus, Wong Xue Guo let her mind travel around, thinking about everything and anything she wanted. But the main thing that bugged her was why Woojin could not do the same thing of bringing themselves into his memories.

It might be scary, but she was also curious to see herself inside her own memories.

Woojin unconsciously gasped in delight when the familiar feeling finally came. Quickly grabbing it, both of them were yanked into the journey down Wong Xue Guo's memory, heading straight to the root cause of her fear that brought pain to her.

The first scene showed a little Wong Xue Guo dressed in a cute pink dress, looking like a little fairy princess. She was staring at the back of a red-haired beauty, who was clinging to a handsome man's arm. The good looking couple never paid attention to the little fairy from the start till the end, as if she was invisible.

If the little girl does not look like a younger, adorable version of Wong Xue Guo and that this was her memory, Woojin might really think that was a ghost.

The scene changed, but it remained in the same large house, with only the occupants changed, displaying the events that happened on different days in a fast forward mode.

The little girl would wear different clothes representing different days and she was holding onto different things such as test papers, medals, and even a bottle of handmade little stars. She would try to use those items to grab the couple's attention, but what she got was just a passing, disinterested glance before they returned to their honeymoon world.

Every day, the little Wong Xue Guo's expression was the same. Desperation and yearning for the couple to look at her were filled to the brim in her round eyes, where even a second glance from them would cheer her up.

The scene started to change, with the father frequently not in the picture. The setting was changed to a dining area, where the mother and daughter were having their meal. Little Wong Xue Guo would always try to start a conversation, but her mother would always chastise her not to speak during meals.