Chapter 66 - Supplies gathering is our first priority

XG 66 - Supplies gathering is our first priority

"No. It's too stressful to do that, so we will just wait until they reveal themselves. The reason why I say this is because the phrase one of the experiments had already started and I need to focus on protecting Charles and Zhang Bei. The bodyguards will also lend their hand to keep an eye on things, so the practical training for both of you ends here."

It was supposed to be a serious discussion, but Suzie Yap was constantly distracted by Wong Xue Guo's new hairstyle. Her hair was much longer than before, which she tied into a high ponytail without the usual plait today due to occasional laziness, and her unrestrained soft strands sway gently from the wind coming from the ceiling fan. Her current look was cute and softer, just like the image of a well-behaved, sweet daughter.

Oh, how much she wanted to pinch her daughter's soft, white cheeks!

"But won't it be dangerous to leave the spies alone until they act? What if they sabotage us and we fail to catch them in time?" Wong Xue Guo shared her worry.

Suzie Yap replied with a neutral tone very unlike her current state of mind. "Your father and I knew who we could trust and who to be suspicious of. We had people keep an eye on them and report to us if anything goes wrong."

"What do you need us to do?" Chen Yibo asked.

"Practical training can only bring you this far. Both of you need to experience real danger to improve your senses and response timing. It will help you improve much faster. Take this opportunity to also search for food and grab other useful stuff back. Our base will definitely run out of stuff one day."

Wong Xue Guo suddenly feels as if she was going to be abandoned by her mother. This situation has a high similarity to a new adult cub being thrown into the wilderness by the mother lioness.

"Oh, baby, mommy will never let you get in danger," Suzie Yap immediately cooed at her daughter's downcast expression. "Xunsu and L.L. will be following you two. If there is any danger, run. If it's something that the four of you could not handle, call me. My phone will always be on my side, I promise."

Wong Xue Guo could not help but laugh when her heart was no longer feeling down. Her mother was getting better at reading her mood. "I know, mother."

When Suzie Yap glanced at Chen Yibo, he immediately said, "I will protect her."

"I know you will." Suzie Yap smiled softly. "Not only do I want my daughter safe, but I also want you to be safe, get it? Both of you will keep an eye on each other, and help out when the other is in danger."

Chen Yibo and Wong Xue Guo nodded obediently and they earned a tight hug from Suzie Yap that gave into her desire to hug these two lovely children. After her self-imposed restriction was lifted, she often gave in to her desire.

Resting her cheek on her mother's collarbone, Wong Xue Guo watched the similarly positioned Chen Yibo, whose face was spotted with a slight blush and there was a hint of a smile on his curved lips. She graciously thought that she could share her mother with him, whose mother had died from childbirth.

Chen YiWen and Chen Yibo were supposed to have a younger sister, but she had died with their mother during labor. No one wanted that to happen, and it was Chen Zhang Bei that took the news the hardest.

Every year, the Chen father and sons would gather in Malaysia before New Year to celebrate Chen Yibo's birthday before the family of three would fly to China. Mrs. Chen and the baby were buried in China, where the family will visit their tomb during their death anniversary.

They decided to set out for field training tomorrow, as today was a special day.

It was Wong Xue Guo's eighteenth birthday, while the day before was Chen Yibo's birthday.