Chapter 185 - Rather die here than somewhere unknown

NOTE: Sorry for not updating yesterday! My father has gotten COVID, and been a bit busy arranging things for that. Everyone, stay healthy!

XG 185 - Rather die here than somewhere unknown

Unlike Max and L.L. that could step in, Wong Xue Guo and Chen Yibo were repelled at the entrance. That strangeness had L.L. quickly retrace back his steps, and the barrier did not stop him.

"Max? It's Max!" A woman in the office wear recognized the intruder, which also saved Max from being hit by a shovel.

"What? He's alive? Why is he back here?" A man with asymmetrical eyes asked gruffly, but his eyes could not hide the delight over the young man's survival.

"Is he really Max or an imposter?"

Max hurriedly raised both his palm before he got attacked. "Wait! I can prove I'm myself, Max!"

Pressing her fingertips gently at the invisible barrier, Wong Xue Guo's expression was one of indifference as if doing so did not sting. The energy that formed the barrier gave her some familiar feeling. Although very vague, she was quite sure that this energy resembled the second energy she had felt from the space created by Mr Demon.

Having been around Mr Demon for three years, she was familiar with his energy, and from it, learned that there was another creator of the space, where the second energy was mixed around the space. From sight alone, it was obvious there was only her and Mr Demon in that space, but she had occasionally felt another pair of eyes on her, examining her uncomfortably. It does not feel threatening to her life, but it was still dangerous to feel as if the eyes wanted to crack her down to her core to study her.

This was the first time she felt that she had represented her name rather well.

Her bold guess was the second entity that chose to hide from view was a God, the polar opposite of a Devil. The evidence to support her assumption was that the energy gave her a nostalgic and warm feeling, unlike the dangerous and suffocating feeling from Mr Demon's energy.

But why did God refuse to meet her, only silently keeping an eye on her? She knew it was thanks to this holy being that Mr Demon treated her with good hospitality and kept it to an acceptable level of its attempt to corrupt her.

["Do you sense anything?"] Chen Yibo was confident that Wong Xue Guo would have found something.

["It will take at least two hours to take down the barrier. But we are here to rescue people."] If Wong Xue Guo had not wasted her energy tossing the truck away, it would be fifteen minutes earlier.

But the shaman must be very devoted to God to be able to have this level of strength, and that was not relying on any external factor at all. Mr Demon said she was the strongest human, but she was not confident she could defeat the shaman.

Unless Mr Demon does not take into account of humans that do not have the Alpha genes.

"Max, please quickly gather up everyone. We need to leave before they come back to attack again," Chen Yibo called out, interrupting the reunion.

"They are from Musihada? You really did it?" A young lady in a red sweater asked doubtfully, yet unable to conceal the hope in her voice.

"Of course! How can you doubt me!" Max cried in injustice.

"A person of your calibre usually dies halfway through your quest,'' a young man joked.

The office lady approached the gate and politely invited the trio, "Please, come in. Thank you for coming to help us."