Chapter 137 - We are a pretty good team, right, little princess?

XG 137 - We are a pretty good team, right, little princess?

There was no chance for her to speak out her request when Chen YiWen's voice filled the room from the speaker. "Xue Guo, you can put on the goggles now."

As this VR game was to force her to use her ability, she was not given a joystick to control her character's movement. After all, there was already one joystick accidentally being destroyed by a tester at the peak of their terror.

But how would she move around in the game without the joystick or the treadmill? Perhaps she was just going to watch a scary movie? It was only when she put on the VR goggles did she figure out someone was helping her move around.

Fuck! It better not be Kang Xunsu!

Like a true annoying 'elder brother', he would definitely mess with her. How many pits had she fallen into whenever she played games with him? Too many to count!

Standing still, she warily takes in the barely lit living room with a messy interior, a perfect setting of a horror place. If the researchers selected this setting to arouse the Awakened people's fear, they had picked the right environment.

"Xue Guo, you do not need to move physically," Chen YiWen said.

After he said that, her body went tense. With Chen YiWen's words, she became even more self-conscious and fought not to move.

As someone without control of her movement, she could only helplessly follow the controller's dictation and move around the house. It was not exactly creepy, but the darkness where the character only has a torchlight to look around makes things even scarier.

Suddenly, a long-haired figure jumped out of the corner and her character immediately died from the swing of an axe. Conditioned reflex had Wong Xue Guo moved out of the way, but the controller did nothing and let her get attacked.

Her movement ended with her arm pressed onto the wall as her VR screen became bloody from 'her' blood, with the word 'You Died' in the middle.

Working hard to calm down her heart, she did not move away from the wall and instead rested her entire back on it. That feeling helped to ground herself to reality and reduced the unsettling feeling.

The game restarted and she appeared back in the dark living room.

Okay, so the big boss will appear and I have to avoid her?

But the person controlling her character would never let her bypass the opportunity to greet the big boss! The only VR game she had played was the lightsaber game. It was an exciting, vigorous game, but it could never be compared to this stimulating thriller game!

After the third time of purposely greeting the big boss and dying, Wong Xue Guo wondered what was the goal of this game. Was the big boss a human or a ghost? What was the identity of the player?

Anyway, she would never need to know since she only needs to feel the excitement of being 'chased' and 'die' until her ability manifests.

She was not given a headphone to hear the game's sound so that she could hear any instructions from the monitoring room. As she was not stopped, it means her ability had not revealed itself, or that they do not have enough data about her ability yet.

Not wanting to spend a long time seeing the dry, mummy-like female boss, she actively used any means to conjure her ability.

The controller must have been too bored to actively seek death because her character started to retaliate, by looking around for lethal objects to use to smash the lady boss. Not so surprisingly, the lady boss was like an undefeatable cockroach, unable to die even when a large cupboard toppled over her.