Chapter 113 - Not the normal person that they could beat up

Today's chapter~

XG 113 - Not the normal person that they could beat up

The church members were moving to find the source of the burning, and on their way towards the attic, they would definitely pass by their hiding place.

"We need to move," Beom Seok said.

"From where? There's only one staircase down and our previous exit is burning. Unless you intend for us to jump out of the window?" Wong Xue Guo asked, glancing at the window at the end of the corridor. Her hand was gripping tightly onto her sword, eyes narrowing at the staircase connected down to the first floor.

"Why don't we take this opportunity to rescue the sacrifice?" Woojin asked hopefully.

"Our safety is the priority," Wong Xue Guo interrupted. "I know you want to rescue your friends, but if you die while you are at it, your teacher and friends will be heartbroken and blame themselves."

Seonmi's mouth trembled, her eyes red, unknown from the incoming smoke or from her emotions. "She's right. We won't be able to rescue anyone if we die."

Beom Seok activated the walkie talkie, "Xunsu, change of plans. There's a fire started inside the church."

"Get out of there," Kang Xunsu's reply came quickly.

"I've spotted the smoke coming from the attic. The fire is growing big," L.L. reported. "There is another window from the opposite direction of the attic."

"Opposite? But on the top floor, we only saw the attic. Perhaps a secret room?" Beom Seok guessed.

"Or we jump out of the window and enter again from the back door to rescue the people?" Seonmi suggested it urgently. They could already hear people running up the stairs.

"Jump out!" Beom Seok agreed.

"It will be rude for uninvited guests to leave before greeting the host properly, right?"

Seonmi stood the closest to Woojin and was the first to fall onto her knees. Her whole body trembled as cold sweat emerged from her pores. Fear crippled her body and mind, hindering her thinking process. This feeling was the same as facing her parents' disappointed look when they saw the result of her poorly done exam.

Even if her mind knew that her parents were not here and there was no exam for her to fail, she could only feel her mind was buzzing and her limbs heavy to move. Beside her, Beom Seok staggered and fell onto a knee, who was doing much better than her.

Kwangsu was the furthest away from them and was not affected as strongly as Seonmi, but he still needed the support of the wall to keep himself upright from the crippling feeling wrapped over his entire self. With a confused gaze, Kwangsu looked around as he breathed in panic like a lost child.

Wong Xue Guo actually looked the least bad among them, as she could still stand upright. Only her hunched upper body was the only indicator she was affected by the sudden fear gripping her heart that appeared out of nowhere.

Slowly, Beom Seok turned his head and stared at the only unaffected person among them. Woojin was staring at them calmly, just as the church members finally found them.

"Go and deal with the fire," Woojin said and a few church members obediently passed them and headed to the attic.

"You are with them. You are Nanse?" Beom Seok asked through his gritted teeth. He wanted to summon his strength, but his aggression was heavily sucked out of him, and there was only fear left to shackle his limbs. Like a lamb waiting to be slaughtered, he could not stop himself from looking at Woojin in fear, as there was another figure that he could only see was overlapping Woojin's figure.

That person was someone from his past and was lucky enough to escape from. This suffocating feeling was the same at that time, facing the chance of being murdered by that man. It was only that man's good mood that his life was not taken. It was an irrational fear as he knew Woojin was not that man. Even with that knowledge, he could not look straight at Woojin, and the fear forced his eyesight to lower down until he could only stare at the teenager's chest.

No matter how much his mind was yelling that the other party was just a high school kid, that fear refused to be extinguished. His back was already soaked with cold sweat from the fear and it was only his mind that remained sane in his entire body.

Was this the ability that Dulljae spoke of? No wonder they could not win even with a larger number on their side.

"As long as you remain still and let the sacrifice ceremony continue, I will not kill you... until next week. Your arrival helped us fill the number of sacrifices for next Sunday," Woojin said. His tone was like a party organizer finding people to fill in the attendance spots and forcing them to book an appointment with Death.

Woojin approached Beom Seok, who flinched in fear as he got closer. The teenager took the walkie talkie from his loose grip. Beom Seok helplessly watched Woojin drop the walkie talkie onto the floor and stomped it into pieces. "There are people waiting outside to ambush us. We need to give them proper punishment for trying to stop us from serving God's will."

A robed man standing right behind Woojin ordered, "Tie them up! Lock them away in the rehabilitation room."

When someone reached out to Wong Xue Guo, she suddenly pulled out her sword and slashed his torso. She did not take into account how much strength she had used, nor did she really care in her current terrible mood.

Flicking the blood off from her sword as the victim of her attack fell to the ground, her face was frowning in discomfort.

The words coming from her mouth next were crass from her annoyance. "No, fucking, thank you. I don't think it's time for me to meet God yet. I had yet to complete my duties as a filial daughter. Why don't you start from your own group members that have nothing valuable to do in this world other than committing murder that goes against the real God's teaching?"

Woojin was surprised that she could still talk this much, and even commit violence. Thinking that his ability had missed her, he controlled his ability to specifically target her, but other than a momentarily stagger, she still remained standing. Not only that, she was making direct eye contact with him, and he saw the fear in her eyes gradually begin to be taken over by the other dominant emotion.

There was only anger that could burn the fear away.

The fierce shudder that ran over Woojin's body had him feeling disbelief. This was the first time someone managed to withstand his power and it was just a pampered looking girl around his age. Everyone has their own fear and no matter how small or big it was, he could bring it out of their pandora box.

They would be trapped by their fear and the only way out was until he released them.

"We have no time to waste. The time for the ceremony must not be missed," a church member urged and had some members impatiently reach out to attack Wong Xue Guo.

While withstanding Woojin's mental attack, Wong Xue Guo dodged the attacks and returned twofold, bringing down three more church members. Their blood flowed out of their body from her attacks and gradually formed a small pool on the floor, dirtying her boots. The sight of it was disgusting, but it strangely soothes her bruised self, easing the discomfort in her heart from the fear manipulated by an external force.

Woojin suddenly calmed down when he finally thought it through. "You have power too?"

"Power? No, I don't." Wong Xue Guo could have lied that she has the ability to keep others at bay. But doing that was quite dangerous, and possibly backfire. Plus, she prefered using painful truth to topple Woojin's confidence in his ability.

"She must be faking it," a church member swore but did not dare to approach her. None of them could forget how deadly she was with her sword.

She was not the normal person that they could beat up.