Chapter 80 - Do you wish for something

XG 80 - Do you wish for something

The moment she mentioned it, Chen Yibo looked peeved. It was quite rare to see him in a negative expression. "I never thought he would be dangerous."

Chen Yibo assumed Wong Xue Guo would be safe after hiding with Man Jeong, but who knew that he was actually letting her enter the wolf's trap? Turns out he could only ensure her safety if he stayed by her side.

"I never thought he would be a pervert too. There is nothing to blame yourself for. Hey, aren't you taking the 'bodyguarding' job way too seriously?"

"I promised Mrs. Wong."

Wong Xue Guo was quite put out hearing that.

As she spent more time with him, she had gradually come to terms that Chen Yibo was very righteous and kept his word, faithfully tagging along to protect her. She could already give him a five-star rating for his dedication. Yet, a small tendril of greed slowly lengthens in her heart, desiring him to protect her not for the promise, but out of his own will.

Lowering her eyes to cover her unusual emotions, she lightly said, "That pervert appearing is a rare incident, with no one expecting it. Don't think about it anymore. I'm still alive and my injuries were not life-threatening. Don't make it sound as if I've suffered badly."

How could Chen Yibo not think about it anymore? But facing Wong Xue Guo who wished to put that experience away, he nodded as he silently vowed to do better next time.

Everyone's attention was now on Do Wheein, who loosened the sack and dropped a disfigured zombie out of it. Their group had already anticipated it so they had already prepared their hearts, but that does not mean they were completely alright with it. Some of them had their face washed out of color and refused to stare at the zombie anymore.

But there were two people that were not given heads up and got the shock of their lives.

Kang Hansik's eyes widened in horror, thinking they must be sick in their head for capturing a zombie and even went so far as to chop its limbs off. Oh Junghan could not control his terror and let out a scream before covering his mouth.

Kim Sung-Ho stared at Do Eunhyuk worriedly. "Mr. Vihaan was already bitten many times and does not need to get bitten again. I don't know how to estimate whether Mr. Do will have enough or not."

"Mr. Do will have to determine it. If you feel anything different, immediately tell us."

Body filled with tension, Do Eunhyuk nodded rigidly. "I will."

Following Suzie Yap's advice, Kang Xunsu dislocated the zombie's jaw, letting it remain wide open. Its teeth were intact, very unlike its flesh that was missing here and there.

Wong Xue Guo purposely sat far away, with her back against the wall. With the help of her face mask, whatever rotten scent emitting from the rotting corpse was mostly blocked from reaching her nostril. Chen Yibo chooses to sit beside her with his face mask on as well and his hand resting on his gun, prepared to shoot if Do Eunhyuk failed.

It was a small worry of letting other people watch the process, but it would also be a good deed in letting others learn what to do if they were bitten. As for them turning greedy and getting bitten purposely, that was their own choice. Especially if they just watched and did not ask for more details of the process, they might just be seeking their own death with the incorrect procedure.

If they survive, that was just their blind luck in hitting the right spot.

Kang Hansik and Oh Junghan had also sat far away from the group, not wanting to approach the zombie or the bed with a corpse on top of it. Their fearful eyes were full of questions, but both did not dare to ask anything. They do feel curious about why they captured a zombie, but that does not mean they would go closer to them.