Chapter 84 - They just had to grab stuff that looked important

XG 84 - They just had to grab stuff that looked important

The sound of the door unlocked successfully brought a smile to Lee Su-Hwa's face. When they stepped in, there was no one and there was hardly any sign of mess, especially when the previous state of the shop was not much different from what a person would call messy.

Ash connected the walkie-talkie. "Captain, we found keys and a car inside the shop."

Kang Xunsu's end was extremely noisy. "Good. Pick two usable cars and collect useful tools from the store to fill up the boot. Don't make loud noises if you can."

Ash tried to open the boot after checking that the car in the garage was able to start. But the boot refused to open no matter how he tried, even with the others helping. The last resort available was to pry it open forcefully.

"No, don't do that." Lee Su-Hwa quickly stops the boys before they really use something to pry the boot open. "It will be useless if it can't be closed again, or if it flaps open and blocks the back view."

"So this car is here for the boot to be fixed," Ash concluded once his inexperience self checked the car from top to bottom and was unable to spot any obvious defects. 

"Can we still use this car?" Kim Sung-Ho asked. 

"Use it," Ash declared. Even without the boot, they could still stuff goods at the back seat, even if they could only put lesser goods with people riding inside. Once they go back to the lab, maybe someone could fix the boot. 

Lee Su-Hwa grabbed a bunch of keys to test which car it belongs to. Yuna insisted on following her and refused to let go of her arm. After repeatedly telling the young girl she must not make noise, Lee Su-Hwa finally allows the girl to follow, since she has the ability to protect herself and Lee Su-Hwa if needed. 

Lee Su-Hwa waved at the boys. "I don't know much about mechanical tools and don't have enough strength to do the heavy lifting, so I will leave it to you gentlemen."

Ash silently thought to himself that he does not know either, since his post-graduate program had nothing to do with repairing cars. Not that Kim Sung-Ho knew either. 

Anyway, they just had to grab stuff that looked important. 

🔪🔪🔪

The sole survivor, Minho, upon hearing Kang Hansik’s voice, had quickly called out from his hiding place. 

Wong Xue Guo does not remember how many people there were in Kang Hansik’s group. In the end, among the buddies that had scattered around the street, only one survived. They had picked a fried chicken shop, and it was a complete mess. Spoilt food was spilled everywhere, tables and chairs were overturned and there were also dead bodies among them. 

The smell in this shop was absolutely disgusting. At this rate, she might unconsciously start rating which smell was the most disgusting. 

Flies were flying around busily and each of them were plump, well fed. The sight of worms wiggling around the spoilt food nearly send her running out of the shop. In her entire eighteen years, she had never seen spoilt food, much less worm growing from it!

“You idiot! Next time, don’t run around and remember to follow me closely!” Kang Hansik scolded as soon as he saw his remaining teammate. “Where are the others?”

“They… the rest are dead! I’m the only one left. The zombies jumped up from under the snow…”

Kang Hansik’s expression does not look good hearing that, but he did not scold the poor fella anymore. “Are you injured?”