Chapter 83 - Zombies replying to his call?

XG 83 - Zombies replying to his call?

"There's a mechanic shop right opposite the market," Lee Su-Hwa said. Between hotwiring and car keys, the latter was more ideal and faster to use when they needed to escape quickly. Car keys are also ideal if they want to use the car for a long time.

"Mechanic shop? Aunt, is that shop right below your dance studio?" Do Wheein recalled. With how busy her job as a cop was, it was her aunt that made time to visit her instead of the other way around. Thus, it took Do Wheein some time to remember her aunt's workplace.

This street's crime rate was also much lower than other streets.

Lee Su-Hwa nodded. "There should be car keys inside the shop belonging to the cars parked in front of the shop."

Kang Xunsu eyed the mechanic shop with the metal shutter down, not allowing them to see what was inside. "Good. We can also grab any petrol and useful tools along the way."

"How big is your base?" Park Sungmin asked since the two bases he had been into did not even bother collecting anything that did not help them survive, including mechanic tools that were useless as a weapon.

Kang Xunsu smirked. "You will know once we reach there."

"Let's get moving before it gets dark," L.L. reminded.

"Right. Then Eunhyuk, you will start to test your gun. Su-Hwa, Ash, Sung-Ho, the three of you will try to get into the mechanic shop."

"I will take Yuna with me. We will try to get in from the back, but I need to grab the key to the mechanic shop from my office first." Lee Su-Hwa and the owner of the mechanic shop were considered to have quite a good relationship, and the elderly man even gave her a copy of his shop's key just in case he got into an accident while working.

Kang Xunsu turned to Oh Junghan and Kang Hansik. "The two of you will take the front line with Eunhyuk. Both of you will be able to spot your pals if you walk first."

Oh Junghan was afraid Kang Hansik would blow his fuse after hearing that, but surprisingly, his hotheaded groupmate just stepped forward with the face of someone who had owed him a million bucks. After the surprise of his obedient groupmate passed, it was time for Oh Junghan to fear for his small life. If Kang Hansik was not his groupmate and avoided angering the others, he could have been able to beg them to let him stay in the middle instead of the front lines.

But it already happened and Oh Junghan could only cry over the spilled milk.

The remaining zombies lingering outside were surprisingly tame-looking. They were walking around like listless people, saving their energy for the moment they saw their prey.

Wong Xue Guo's theory was proven when a zombie spotted them and, like a recharged battery robot, immediately ran to them with teeth bared.

Kang Hansik expected someone would shoot the zombie as it was still quite a far away, but who would think those crazy bastards did not move, seemingly waiting for him to kill it! Gritting his teeth in anger, he lashed out his anger at the zombie, smashing its head repeatedly until its head became a pile of meat.

That smashed-up head no longer has an intact chin to be able to bite anyone now but its hands and legs were still trying to make their way to the living humans.

"Ew." Wong Xue Guo turned her eyes away from the disgusting scene. Even Kang Hansik's teammate nearly vomited from the mosaic-worthy scene.

Kang Hansik's vigorous movement along with the blood from the zombie caught more zombies' attention and the others could no longer remain on standby to let the jersey guy handle everything.