Chapter 186 - To use the power for good or evil

XG 186 - To use the power for good or evil

["That power of yours belonged to the devil, but the power itself is not evil in nature. The user themselves is the one that decides whether to use the power for good or evil,"] the shaman surprisingly explained.

It does ease the stinging from her earlier words.

["But the power will still hurt you?"]

["Yes. My power comes from another source that clashes with your energy. It will cause turbulence to my core if I accept your energy."]

["Then is there a way to help you get better?"]

Shaman Ji's fingers twitched. ["Those methods are forbidden. It's forbidden to go against the law of nature."]

["Will you accept it if I transfer the energy from plants to you?"]

["It will still be your energy even if you do that."]

["I think Shaman Ji will get better if injected with a nutrient solution,"] Chen Yibo said.

Bel Eum was puzzled when Chen Yibo and Wong Xue Guo kept on staring at her grandmother without speaking. What was even stranger was her grandmother was also looking at them, seemingly holding a serious conversation with their eyes.

Could it be a demonic power that they have?

Once Bel Eum heard that the nutrient solution could likely improve Shaman Ji's health, she immediately ignored her grandmother's protest.

They had to go to Musihada Laboratory!

"Grandmother, I'm willing to listen to your last wish when I believe there's nothing to help you. Now, how can I still leave you to die if there's a way to save you? Don't make me a murderer for killing you, grandmother!"

Shaman Ji closed her eyes, letting her granddaughter do what she wanted. If whatever solution they said could really make her better, she could protect her granddaughter longer.

But if she became a burden, she would not hesitate to meet her maker before she took her last breath naturally.

The duo stepped out of the temple to wait for the rest to finish packing, while L.L. and Max went to find another working car. The car they came with was not enough to hold eleven additional people.

There was no zombie around, so they were reassured that Max and L.L. would be fine.

There were a total of eight survivors, excluding Shaman Ji and her granddaughter. Spending more effort, Chen Yibo confirms that they have no problem. Even if he was unable to read Shaman Ji and her granddaughter's minds, he was sure they were good people with how they selflessly provided shelter for the eight people.

The other reason for them to wait outside was for Chen Yibo to read the minds of people that were still eying the temple.

To his surprise, some of them actually knew the attacker's habits. In their mind, the enemy was a young-looking foreigner man, who punctually stopped attacking when mealtime arrived. He would take two hours for his meals, before coming back to 'work' right on time.

Dinner had already passed, and now was the time for late supper. A very late supper.

Shaman Ji was truly strong enough to resist the attack for so long, even if the attacker would sleep for eight hours.

Other than those important details, Chen Yibo was disappointed with other things that he found.

Just how cruel and indifferent they were towards other people's plight?