Chapter 79 - Sickening joy of being the victor

Warning: A little bit... disgusting? Gore? But this entire story has warning of gore (>.<)

XG 79 - Sickening joy of being the victor

Man Jeong seemed to sense danger from Wong Xue Guo and was no longer being careful of his wounds. With fierce red eyes, he stood up and reached out to grab something.

Raising her sword, she brought it down at him, unconsciously not using her full strength due to fear of what her sharp sword could do. Taking a life does not mean she needs to mutilate the body. With no ability to dodge, Man Jeong could only turn away from the attack, taking it on his back.

"Ahhh!" The new wound on his back was much deeper than the others, but after getting used to the pain, the new one does not hinder him much.

Wong Xue Guo's pupil shook from the sight of her blade sunk deep into his flesh but forced her hand to remain steady. Her short mental disturbance gave him the opportunity to grab onto a coat hanger stand and swing it at her.

With her attempt to stop him failed, she finally let go of her restrain and embrace the violence. She had shown him mercy and he was the one that did not appreciate it. His movement had dislodged her sword, and thus she could quickly swing her sword to meet the hanger, meeting some resistance when they clashed, but still able to cut through it with more strength applied.

With an energy-bursting yell, she did not stop after cutting through the hanger and slashing across his chest and arm. Not even his arm could block the blade and it was sliced off completely, his blood burst out like an open pipe, and quickly dyed his jacket red.

With shaky breathing, she stepped back in revulsion at his chopped arm and blood. She watched in a daze as Man Jeong collapsed and struggled to take a deep breath like a fish out of the water before he stopped moving with eyes wide open. His expression was one of disbelief and unwillingness.

Before the still body, her body trembled at what she had done and could hardly accept the fact that she had murdered a human. She hunched down and dry heaving, unwilling to look at the dead body anymore.

Staring at her bloody hand, the sensation as her sword cut through his flesh, the burst of warm blood hitting her, and the sickening joy of being the victor of this fight continuously assaulted her.

"Haaah..." She rubbed her blood-stained hand at her pants for a long time before realizing it was a bad idea. Pressing her trembling lips tightly together, she wiped her hands on the dirty bedsheet, but it was not easy to remove the blood. Some of it had already dried on her hand.

"It's cold..." Was she in shock? She did not dare rub her arms to unfreeze herself and looked around, only to see the broken window.

And a zombie was staring at her from the outside.

Wong Xue Guo and the zombie stared at each other for a long while, both sides not moving.

"Rarh!" The zombie that was lured over from the scent of blood finally charged at the broken window, wanting to get in.

"When did the glass break?!" Wong Xue Guo yelled in panic but was also glad the danger distracted her.

The new danger also had her blood boil, effectively warming her up. She thrust out her sword, stabbing right at its chest, and pierced its heart before it could make its way into the room. Once it stopped moving, she stepped on its face and shoved it away from her sword and far away from the window.

Adrenaline high, her sword continued moving to the next thing that moved outside the window. If the other person had not moved quickly and blocked her sword, she might have killed another human.