Chapter 65 - New adult cub

XG 65 - New adult cub

Suzie Yap, the wife of Charles Wong, acted on a whim and picked Chen Yibo as her date for tonight's party despite knowing what will happen later during the party. When questioned by her husband, she sniffed in distaste at his cold attitude towards their daughter and wanted him to fix it, hence the date switch.

Grabbing Chen Yibo to chat with other people, Suzie Yap left the father and daughter duo at the dining table.

Unfortunately, Suzie Yap's goodwill was not meant to be, for the father and daughter just sat side by side without making any conversation. Tonight's event had allowed the dress in Wong Xue Guo's luggage to see the light, thus she was not out of place with everyone similarly dressed up for the event.

With years of experience, Wong Xue Guo manages to sit straight without fidgeting even when she was actually feeling stressed to remain beside her father. It did not help when there were many people who tried to start a conversation with her father, only to meet with a cold human wall. Then they would start with her, only to discover they have a language barrier. Only a few could converse in English fluently and they saved her from feeling like an idiot.

But Charles Wong's freezing look drove them away not long after they tried to chat with his daughter. In a short time, the rumor of the great boss Charles Wong being very protective of his daughter was spread around.

With a charming smile, Choi Yerim approached Charles Wong with a simple yet elegant yellow dress. She started a conversation, not at all deterred by his cold attitude. She was so focused on thawing the ice cube and unconsciously treated his date as an invisible person.

The meal had been served, allowing Wong Xue Guo to look at something else other than the two recipients. She had been in a slight conflict on whether to look at her cold-faced father or at the ignored Choi Yerim, who gradually looked embarrassed from being treated that way. She does not understand what the other woman was saying, but it must not be important because her father outright treated her as air.

Charles Wong eyed his daughter who stopped eating with her eyes on Choi Yerim and frowned. Catching his eye signal, she lowered her gaze and continued eating her food, following her father in ignoring the woman.

As the food was scarce, the feast was not buffet-style. Everyone has their own plate of food but obviously, those with more important positions have larger portions. On her plate, she immediately picked a favorite dish among her portion.

Mashed potato with a delicious gravy. (っ˘ڡ˘ς)

Perhaps she had been very obvious with her choice, her father literally picked his plate and shoved the entire portion of his mashed potato onto hers.

"... Thank you."

"Eat more. You have gotten thinner."

Maybe her father did this because of his wife's badgering, but it still touched her starving heart. She has also done her part by not revealing her seemingly thin figure was because of her muscle gaining process, hence her absent-looking flabby flesh.

In return for his actions, she wanted to pass some of her meat to her father's plate, only for her chance to be robbed.

"Mr. Wong, do you want more meat?" Choi Yerim injected herself between them again, unwilling to accept her first rejection of making friends with this mysterious man. "The kitchen had just refilled them."

Once again, Wong Xue Guo could not understand what the woman said and grew frustrated. Where was her mother? How could she let a young girl hit on her husband?!

Did she think their daughter could do the lightbulb job well? She can't!

She had heard from Kang Xunsu that his father was popular with women, but she never saw it in action. In contrast, she had encountered her mother being hit on, but she does not need to help her mother swat away the flies.