Chapter 47 - The husband of her five-star potential investor

XG 47 - The husband of her five-star potential investor

Wong Xue Guo finally found out that the boy, named Kiat, was the woman's son.

Kiat was wary of everyone and stuck to his mother's side protectively as if someone would suddenly attack his mother. Judging from how constant he gazed at Charles Wong, everyone knew he assumed the older man was the most dangerous one in the house.

It was Noodle that managed to scout the information and happily shared it with Wong Xue Guo when she looked interested.

She feels pity for the boy that struggled to protect his mother that was shunned by their neighbors. Because she was stuck in her visions and often stopping midway even when crossing the road, she was often called the crazy woman by others. With her crippled state that could barely do anything, it was Kiat alone that struggled to find food for himself and his mother.

Wong Xue Guo and Chen Yibo silently came into an agreement and slipped some of their food to Kiat. Seeing their actions, Noodle followed along, very different from his seniors and Charles's gang that barely paid attention to the mother and son.

After their meal was digested, Wong Xue Guo was pulled away by Kang Xunsu to start learning how to use her sword. She had carried the sword around her for a little more than one day but could not, with a clear conscience, say she got used to the weight. But she had at least learned to walk properly with the sword resting against her hip.

"Swing the sword a hundred times."

If Saitama could do it, she would have no reason to be unable to do it! But of course, a mere mortal like her could never be compared to Saitama sensei. She does not believe doing a hundred punches every day, even at the cost of losing hair, would suddenly become a 'one punch' man that easily!

"Can I join the training?" Chen Yibo suddenly requested.

For the first time, she noticed the tacky silver sword he was holding. "You got a sword too?"

"I found it among the weapons Mrs. Wong had hidden. I've asked Mr. Wong and he gave me permission to use it."

"Join in then." Kang Xunsu does not mind overseeing one more person's training. It could also help to make the little princess more competitive and improve herself faster.

It was time that Wong Xue Guo was lacking now.

Predictably, Chen Yibo was the first to finish the exercise and was allowed to rest while she struggled to finish it. By the time she finished a hundred swings, her arms were throbbing fiercely and her back was sweating heavily. It was a struggle to continue holding the sword, so she rested the tip on the ground while still maintaining the illusion that she was still holding it well.

If she knew beforehand, she would not have bothered taking a shower earlier!

"Good job princess! You've done it! I thought you would give up before finishing," Kang Xunsu admitted and smiled cheekily at her tired glare. "From today onwards, you have to do 100 swings every day. Tomorrow, I will add a new exercise!"

Wong Xue Guo wanted to wipe off that smirk from his face but alas, she was helpless.

They had stopped training right before dinner and she looked forward to replenishing her energy. But before she could do so, they were suddenly notified they had an unexpected guest.

Lok Hui Man gave Wong Xue Guo a friendly smile as she lifted a plastic bag filled with food. "Good evening, Xue Guo. It's just the right time for dinner, so I brought some food along the way."

Wong Xue Guo: '...' She had not learned what to do in this situation!

If only she was allowed to be rude and dismissive, she would not need to crack open her mind to think about how to keep this potential ally in a happy mood.