Chapter 97 - Her father's warm chest

XG 97 - Her father's warm chest

Really, they had dealt with quite a number of living corpses, and they even have a backup team helping from attacking the enemies from the other side.

So why do Wong Xue Guo still get stuck in this situation!

She had been too occupied with fighting the dead corpses and allowed them to unknowingly surround her, steering her, until she had gotten out of the room where her team members would be far away to save her.

Chen Yibo and Hong Yan had noticed her current predicament and struggled to break away to get to her, but the remaining corpses were suspiciously more agile and smarter than before. Perhaps it was because the controller could focus more now that the number they needed to control was lesser?

"Oh, Motherfucker," Wong Xue Guo breathed the words out like prayer and pulled out her gun.

She was pretty sure the short pause of the corpses around her was because the controller did not expect she would switch weapons at such a time. It gave her more time to shoot at the corpses' hearts first before moving on to decorate them with bullet holes.

If someone thinks that her gunsmanship was terrible since she always used her sword to fight, they were deadly wrong. It was not that she was terrible, she just does not like the inconvenience of it.

Her gun allowed her to regain more space around her and she switched between her sword and gun to continue maintaining the distance. Bending low, she swiftly swung her sword and chopped off a few legs while using her gun to hold them back from reaching her. At this time, she suddenly thought that her mother's weapon of choice was quite splendid. With two kitchen knives, these legs and hands will be much easier to chop off.

With a gun in her right hand and a sword in her left hand, she nearly broke out of her dangerous cage but the remaining zombies became more dexterous the more zombies died. The result of their increased dexterity also increased the number of injuries on her.

There was a sharp sting across her cheek from someone's claws which also destroyed her mask. Grinding her teeth, she bore with the pain as she continued to defend and attack, but her movement became noticeably slower with her increasing injuries.

This was perhaps the worst state she had ever gotten since the apocalypse outbreak. Her confidence that she could avoid getting so much injury after starting her training dropped like a landslide.

"Erk!" Someone delivered a kick onto her stomach, strong enough to have her kneel halfway down. Her sudden breakdown on defense had the corpses gotten closer to her.

She vaguely heard someone yelling her name, but she could not digest what they said. Her sword had dropped somewhere and there was only a gun left in her hand. Soon, there were no more bullets and she could only fight with a small knife that exposed her to closer contact with the corpses.

Dodge, kick, punch, stab.

She did all four of them by instinct honed through fighting, refusing to back down and surrender to her fate. Forcing herself to train was mainly to protect herself instead of troubling others as she waited to be rescued!

As long as she still has her hands and legs, she can still fight!

Since earlier, she had been thinking of what she had that the enemy feared her, even more than they feared Vihaan. She had noticed the corpses paid more attention to her than Vihaan, and she does not believe it was because she was the weakest person in the group.

An easy prey could be killed anytime, especially when she frequently left the base. Only Vihaan had rare chances to come out and harder to kill with his ability. So why would the enemies waste their resources to out her first?