Chapter 45 - Buy some chicks for you to play

XG 45 - Buy some chicks for you to play

Kang Xunsu sighed, standing beside Wong Xue Guo as they stared at Charles Wong discussing things with Aurora. "It's good your father is finally here."

Once again, Wong Xue Guo was reminded that Kang Xunsu and the bodyguards were her hired help. Even if they willingly followed her as she was their employer, they would still have hesitation when it comes to obeying her commands. When her parents were not around, was it really the right choice to let them follow her command instead of the opposite? Bodyguards usually knew more about survival skills and ways not to seek death.

Who would also want to listen to a seventeen-year-old girl that needs their protection anyway?

"Yeah," Wong Xue Guo agreed.

With her father around handling their turf, Wong Xue Guo was relieved. She was not the type comfortable in taking charge, especially with important matters like people's safety. She was more comfortable with giving support and continued playing the salted fish where she gets to be piggybacked by experts.

"But there's bad news, little princess." Kang Xunsu sighed again, this time much heavier. "Lunch has not been prepared."

L.L. approached them, giving his leader a stink eye. "The internet is down. The mobile data is also not working. The telephone line is barely there, but seems to be dying soon." Or else they would have ordered food through the food delivery app. Without the internet or phone line, they could not order food.

"No line?" Wong Xue Guo raised her phone, tested her internet data, and found it was working normally.

"No need to look at yours. Yours is from a different line."

"What do you mean by a different line?" Wong Xue Guo asked, puzzled. Her phone was purchased by her mother, equipped with a sim card under the family plan package, and has everything she needs. Was not everyone subscribing to the same or similar line as everyone?

"Mine is also working," Chen Yibo reported.

"Yours is the private line that your dad brought and shared with Chen's family," Kang Xunsu explained. "Come, lend me your phone."

As the only selected few that still have her mobile data working, Wong Xue Guo begrudgingly loans her phone out.

"Why is the internet down so quickly?" Wong Xue Guo questioned. They were not at the point where the electricity would stop working. It was only the third day of the apocalypse.

"It's only in Penang Island," Kang Xunsu replied.

"Why?"

"I know why!" Noodle cut in. "The government is playing games with the heads on this island!"

"Power play?"

"More like trying to control the other party. Penang Island is actually the safest place in Malaysia and they are being eyed by those rich people. The other states are not prepared well enough so they will get toppled sooner or later. But no worries. Madam Lok won't easily be defeated!"

"Do you think people still have time to play such childish things?" Kang Xunsu clearly did not agree with Noodle's reason. "With the country on lockdown, who could still go to work properly? Everyone will be more busy caring for their lives than going to work."

"Really? I thought power play would be more logical because Penang is safe and everyone seems to be still working." Noodle sighed, caressing his mobile phone. Like most young generations, he found life was difficult without the internet.

"You just want your internet to come back," Kang Xunsu snorted.

L.L. watched Kang Xunsu download the food ordering app before speaking up. "Young Miss might be the only one with the internet."