Chapter 179 - Just like a wi-fi booster

XG 179 - Just like a wi-fi booster

"From the start, Zene was weak and needed a lot of time to heal his injuries. It was after he learned how to absorb the villagers did he get stronger. Only about three hundred years ago did a strong Taoist was able to seal him in Antarctica, deep underground."

As a being with a long lifespan, Mr Demon does not bother remembering the insignificant information of how long has it been since he first gave Zene a part of his gene. He was only vaguely interested in what happened to Zene when he was sealed away.

Mr Demon was only concerned that Zene would not be able to feed him, but not overly concerned enough to help him break out from his seal. Humans themselves would commit the seven sins even without demons whispering to their ears and would indirectly feed the demons.

His meal would be lesser but Mr Demon could always find another willing helper to replace Zene's role.

"If only the demon could come over and deal with Zene himself, that would be great." Director Choi sighed, but it was only lamenting. He knew that to bring over a demon even for a moment would be sacrificing hundreds of humans' lives.

The villagers were able to summon the demon thanks to the strong depression from the epidemic as well as villagers dying every day. It was enough to form a link between the demon and Zene, as well as imparting a small part of the demon's flesh to him. The second was the summoning circle, which made them doubt how the villagers obtained that knowledge and even assumed it was for summoning a God. Lastly, it was Zene's willingness to form a contract with the demon.

Not even Wong Xue Guo herself was truly clear on the process of summoning a demon, as Mr Demon himself purposely glossed over the details. She had asked whether the humans suffering from the zombie infection were enough to summon him over since there was certainly more human suffering compared to the few villages where Zene came from.

But Mr Demon said he could not.

If the Angel was not there to keep an eye on them in his invisible self, Mr Demon would definitely teach her how to summon him over, even if he would definitely get caught now that the beings from Heaven were eying them tightly.

"Zene should be planning to get stronger from absorbing the descendants and choose not to kill all the villagers. As an immortal, time was a luxury and he could slowly let the trees grow into a large forest before starting to pluck his labour of fruits."

"Mr Chin, although I understand you are saying that to make it easier for the others to understand, I don't think anyone will be happy being associated as a fruit, waiting to be ripe to be plucked," Director Choi spoke on behalf of everyone in the meeting room.

"Xue Guo, did that demon specify which area Zene is sealed in?" Chen YiWen asked.

"Mr Demon is terrible with earth's location, so no. But he told me that Zene had absorbed a lot of energy and it won't be long before he will succeed in breaking the seal. The accurate estimation is unavailable."

"Did that demon tell you what exactly is your ability?" Chin Chun asked.

From Mr Demon's own words, his ability is 'Godlike', where he could offer power, and also take back his gift if they displeased him. Her ability was a milder version of his, but no way would she call her ability that and invite teasing.

"[Enhancer]. I could strengthen and expand the range of anyone's ability. Just like a wi-fi booster."

"And absorbing zombies' lifespan?"

"Yes, but only if they still have their heart that stored their vitality. Mr Demon had taught me a lot of theories, but there was no hands-on teaching as we do not have a suitable tester. The best I could do was test it on myself, but without my physical body, it's hard to test most of the theories."

"We will discuss that later," Chin Chun said, and many of the department heads wanted to know more. Inside his head, Director Choi was already thinking ahead of what theories the demon had taught Miss Wong, and whether it could be used to find the cure.

Wong Xue Guo could manipulate the Alpha gene, but only to a certain extent as she was not the true owner. She also could not insert the Alpha gene into those people whose genetic makeup originally did not have it, as it was only an exclusive right that belonged to Mr Demon.

And to a certain extent, Zene.

"Why does he do that? This is no longer an act of revenge as the villagers that picked him as a sacrifice were long dead. Is he that petty that he wanted to kill all the descendants once in a while after they breed plenty?"

The person seated before the person that spoke shot her a look. "Oi, why are you using that term? You think we are rabbits?"

"Sorry..."

"The right question is, what does he get from killing all humans, other than getting stronger? Surely it's boring to rule an empty planet with only him and his goons left?"

"Maybe he didn't think that far? He seems like an uneducated lad." Even without the title of the enemy boss, no one has a good impression of a male mistress that also had a relationship with the other party's daughter.

Oher good, young boys would have been busy working or studying to earn money to feed their families in that era, so what was Zene thinking by doing those messy things? Unless he was a gigolo, it was actually... justified?

"A guy with a medieval idea of being a king and killing everyone that's unwilling to obey him?"

"Did he even ask us? I didn't notice." The sentence was thick with sarcasm.

"His goons should be the ones that did the MLM thing for him, doing the face-to-face talk. We have yet to meet any of them yet, so we are out of the loop."

"Haish. That's why I don't like old people stuck in the old ways... ah, Director Choi, I don't mean you!"

The oldest in the room, Director Choi, was not angry about it. He was quite confident that he had caught up with the latest trend since he could speak well with his granddaughter. "How can my age be compared to someone from thousand years ago? Perhaps he does not even know about cell phones."

The increasingly weird conversation was interrupted by a consecutive rapid knocking that revealed the person's anxiousness. Someone went to find out what was going on, only to come back with the messenger to quickly report the news from outside.

"The corpses of our people had disappeared!" The messenger quickly reported after greeting them.

"What corpses?" Someone foolishly asked, their mind still not caught up with the shift of topic.

"Those people that are bitten and cursed by the female corpses?" One with a quicker mind asked.

"No, not them. They are properly dealt with. We are missing some bodies, like the Awaken guy with the diamond ability. They are exposed to the female zombie's curse first and not bitten. We had gone out to gather their corpses, only to find them missing. There was no sign of them around the perimeter, and we did not dare to look for them further away."

Chin Chun tapped his finger at the table slowly, before saying, "If they are grabbed by our enemy, they will appear before us later. No need to search for them. Tighten up the security around the border and have everyone speed up the strengthening of the fence."

Something in Chin Chun's tone worried Director Choi. "Are you worried that we will be attacked again soon?"

"That's given. Whoever dug out those zombies' hearts might send more batches to us." It would be an ideal way of recycling the 'waste'.

Unfortunately, they could not even rest for a day when the compound's alarm rang later in the early morning, with the sky still dark.