43. Purple rain

"I never wanted to be your weekend lover
I only wanted to be some kind of friend, hey
Baby, I could never steal you from another
It's such a shame our friendship had to end
Purple rain, purple rain
I only want to see you
Underneath the purple rain"

~Prince

Kennedy banks pov

I stare into space at the cafe and slowly shake my head

I stare into space at the cafe and slowly shake my head . Of course Durk and Vons concert is today ! And of course I forgot about it .

That's probably the only reason Clarence wanted to meet at this dumb cafe ! So we could just go from here to across the street to the show since he doesn't know what I have to talk about .

All I know is I better get this conversation over with before Von rides by for his show and sees me sitting in this cafe . Now I know why he's been urging me to join them so bad . Now that the show is in Chicago I have no choice but to hop on the bus and finish the tour with them . Man I need to get my timing together....

I take a long sigh then a big sip of my iced coffee gulping it's down. I see Clarence walking in the door and to our table with a huge smile on his face . Time to handle this .

"Hey Kennedy " he smiles giving me a hug then sitting down across from me . He always smells good .

"Hey " I mumble

"How you been shorty? I ain't heard from you in a while "he asks

"I've been good " I nod a little then sip my drink again .

"How was your trip ? " he asks. I sigh a little and look him in the face , finally getting the balls to tell him the truth .

"That's actually what I called you to talk about " I start and his face turns concerned

"Well I hope the convo not to long cause we have a concert to get to girly , I know you ain't forget " he chuckles a little . I clear my dry throat then shake my head .

" Clarence I can't do this anymore" I blurt out

"Huh ? What you mean ? " he furrows his eyebrows

"You , us , this " I point "the sneaky links, the dates, the everything "I shake my head

"What the fuck " he frowns "where this shit coming from Kennedy ? You tryna make it work with that nigga Daniel again ? " he asks

"No it's not him , I actually broke things off with him to " I tell him and he looks more confused than ever "during the duration of time ive been away I've finally came to the conclusion that I only want one person and unfortunately it's neither of you " I say honestly. I'm tired of beating around the bush with everybody, it's time for me to just speak some truth .