49. Shelter

"Look over your shoulder
I'm never too far
I'll get to wherever you are
I'll carry your burden
I'll carry your load
I'm here with a hand to hold
Mmm, I will be your shelter
I will be your shelter
Through the storm
I will be your shelter
Through the storm"

~John Legend

Omniscient pov

Von speeds his car through the freeway making his way to Daniels house . Something in his conscious is telling him that the situation isn't right and he knows Kennedy should've called him by now .

He feels extra anxious and a vision of Kennedy smiling keeps flashing through his head making him paranoid that something bad happened . All he knows is that whatever it comes down to he's going to handle it .

"Ken killa please answer " he mumbles to himself dialing her number for the twentieth time .

It goes directly to voice mail and he sighs a little speeding up his car . By now he is going way above the speed limit , running lights , and nearly causing accidents in his path but he doesn't care . His mind is set on getting to Kennedy and that's what he plansto do .

He finally makes it in front of daniels house and jumps out the car leaving it running . He runs up to the door and kicks it open, breaking the lock . He expected the worse to be behind the door and that's exactly what he's faced with .

He slowly walks into the house following a trail of blood to the kitchen . He kept repeating his version of a prayer to god over and over hoping that it's Daniels blood and Kennedy got away from him , but when he makes it to the kitchen his face drops and he feels his eyes tear up while his fist is bawled.

"Kennedy ?" He mumbles on the urge of tears while he leans down over her beat up , bruised body . Her eye is black , her arms and legs are whipped up and her rib cage looks purple . She's laying in her bra and panties in a pool of blood passed out onto the floor .

He gently grabs her body and sits it on his lap , not even wanting to imagine what he's done to her , as she groans , wincing at the pain of being touched on her bruises . "Baby talk to me " he manages to get out through his heavy breathing . He isn't crying cause he's sad . His crying cause he's mad as hell .

He's sitting here looking at the woman he loves beat , bruised , and scarred up while he cant do anything about it but hold her hoping for a response

"Von ?" he hears then wipes some of the tears off his face .

"Yeah baby I'm here " he tells her pulling her in close as her arms wrap around his neck " I'm here "

"Von " she opens her eyes then starts crying . He shakes his head and tries to hold in his tears as he kisses away hers. He knew he couldn't let her see him break down because she's already hurting so he wanted to stay strong for her .

"Baby what happened ?" He mumbles already knowing the answer . He wanted for him to be wrong , and for this to be a dream but he knows that's not the case .

"Von I'm sorry " she cries " I should've just listened to you " she breaks down into his chest . He lets his tears drop and holds her tightly .

"This shit not your fault Kennedy" he grits through his teeth feeling anger

"Yes it is " she nods trying to turn away and he pulls her back into him gently holding her .

"I shouldn't have left you " he kisses her "I shoulda stayed I shoulda fucking stayed " he punches the floor over and over . She looks into his eyes and let's more tears stream down her face as the events from earlier replays in her head making her body sting.

"He hit me Von " she mumbles quivering her lip making him huff and shake his head"he beat me with a belt - "

"No kenendy " he shakes his head and starts to cry and huff uncontrollably "no "he mumbles and gets up off the floor not wanting to hear about the pain she was forced to endure .

"Where are you going ? " she asks crying "please don't leave me here"

He picks her up off the floor and hold her in his hands carrying her to the car . He places her in the passenger seat, then grabs a jacket to cover her up with as she sobs . He places kisses over and over on her face hoping it would take the tears away , but it doesn't .

He looks at her then nods a little and sniffs . He reaches in his waistband and grabs his gun , then make sure it's loaded .

"Where is he at kenendy ? " he asks her calmly . She looks up at him with red eyes and shakes her head .

"I don't know "she shrugs "he left after he did everything " she tells him.

"Fuck " he mumbles . "I'll be back"

"Von please don't leave me " she pleads

"Baby I'm coming back you gone be straight alright? Ain't nobody gone hurt you anymore " He tells her grabbing her face gently and placing a kiss on her lips .

"Promise ? "

"I promise " he struggles to say then closes the door .

The whole situation is messing his head up . Seeing Kennedy in such a vulnerable state begging him to stay and protect her . At the moment he didn't feel like a protector, he didn't even feel like a man . He felt like another man took something from him and ran with it , which is something he will never go for .

He walks back into Daniels house and stares at Kennedys blood stains on the floor . He breaths in and out letting the salty tears sting his eyes as they stream down her face . He starts to bitterly chuckle then punch his hand hardly .

He walks through the house then up the stairs finding Daniels bedroom , then walking in . He looks at some pictures on the dresser then aggressively knocks them off and punches the mirror hanging on his wall, letting his anger take over him .

"Imma find you nigga " Von mumbles to himself "and when I do , I want you to do the same shit you did to my wife to me " he says "I promise Imma kill you "

"I promise "