Walking in the Rain (Hiro x Reader)

A cool breeze hit your face as you walked through the streets of San Fransokyo, grey clouds filling the sky. Admittedly, it was only 4 in the afternoon but due to the gloomy atmosphere, it looked as if it were nearly dusk.

The weather had been quite bipolar these past few weeks and no one knew what exactly to do about it. Sometimes it would be bright and sunny, sometimes it would be dark and rain would be pelting itself against the pavement. Sometimes it would be slightly windy, and sometimes there could be a thunderstorm flashing lightning all around.

Since you weren't sure of how the weather would turn out, you decided to wear a hoodie as you took a stroll. It may not keep you completely dry if it rained, but at least you wouldn't get cold since it was quite windy.

As you were just beginning to enjoy the calm weather, you felt droplets hit the top of your head. Looking upward, you realized it was starting to drizzle and silently cursed yourself for not bringing an umbrella.

The rain gradually got stronger as minutes passed. Soon it turned from drizzling to a moderate amount of rain. But before it could soak you anymore than it already did, you felt it stop hitting you all together despite still being able to hear it.

A shadow came over your head making you look up to see a hand holding a large blue umbrella over you. You traced the hand back to the owner of it to see Hiro smiling at you.

You smiled back at him. "Perfect timing."

He grinned and looked at the sky. "Yeah, I thought you could use an umbrella."

"Where'd you come from?"

"My mother."

"No, you smart mouth," you playfully hit his arm. "I mean how did you know I needed an umbrella?"

He shrugged as the two of you continued walking down the street. "I was walking around and I saw you over here. Before I could walk up to you, it started raining so I thought that you might need one since you obviously don't have one."

You grinned, shivering slightly at how cold your currently damp hoodie felt once the wind blew against it. "Thanks."

Hiro noticed your shivering at looked at you worriedly. Using his one free hand, he yanked off his favorite blue hoodie leaving him in his white long sleeves and red robot shirt. He handed it to you. "Take it before you catch a cold."

You stared at it blankly for a moment. Looking back at Hiro, he nodded and indicated for you to take it once more.

"Won't you get cold?"

"Yeah, but you're already cold so you need it more."

You hesitantly took it from his hand and slipped it on, feeling much warmer. You grinned when you realized it smelt exactly like Hiro. Continuing your walk, Hiro followed next to you and held the umbrella firmly above your heads.

"So..." Hiro spoke in the midst of the silence, staring at the raindrops crashing to the ground. "Any reason in particular why you were taking a walk?"

You shrugged, shoving your hands into the pockets of the hoodie. "Not really. Just kinda wanted to walk around, I guess."

Silence ensued between the both of you after that, neither of you really knowing what to say.

You blushed when you felt Hiro's hand grasp yours. In a normal situation, you wouldn't even think twice about it since he normally held your hand anyway, but the whole walking under the rain and wearing his jacket almost made the entire interaction seem romantic.

You shook your head in order to remove those thoughts. Hiro was your best friend and it seems like that's all he ever wants to be.

Your train of thought was set off track when Hiro abruptly stopped walking, making you stop as well since you didn't want to be rained on again. Turning to face him, worry etched your face.