Mochi (Hiro/Tadashi x Reader)

A/N: Guh, it's been too long.

School, y'know?

I'm not gonna bore you guys with an apology. Instead, I'm gonna bore you guys with a sibling!Reader oneshot. You're all kids here.

Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot to include the picture. Whoops. Guess that's what's bound to happen when you try and write in the middle of the night.

________________________

"... He ended up hitting one of the teachers instead and got into trouble. It was kinda funny." Tadashi chuckled, concluding his story about a kid who'd gotten into trouble for throwing rocks from a tree at school.

"Don't forget the part where he accidentally dropped his shoe and it fell on your head," you added with a grin and a mouth full of food.

He sighed, rubbing the top of his head in remembrance of the mark it probably left. "Yeah, I'd rather forget that part."

Hiro idly listened to your story as he carefully molded his mashed potatoes together, forming the shape of a snowman. He smiled proudly at his creation.

"Hiro, don't play with your food, sweetie," Cass scolded. Hiro nodded obediently, shoving a spoonful of the food into his mouth instead.

"Tadashi, can you hand me that bowl please?" you asked, pointing at the object on the other side of the dinner table. With his mouth still full, he handed you the bowl and continued eating.

As Cass stood to put away her empty plate, she had caught sight and smell of the garbage can beside the sink that was beginning to pile up with trash. She wrinkled her nose at the smell that it emitted. The flies buzzing around it seemed to notice the smell as well.

"I'll be right back, kids. I'll just take the garbage out," she said, tying the garbage bag shut. "Put your plates in the sink when your done, okay?"

You all nodded, finishing whatever was left on your plates in silence.

"Hiro," Tadashi said, doing a double-take when he saw the appearance of his little brother. "Did any of the food even get in your mouth?" he joked, noticing the smears on the corners of his lips and on his chin.

"Yeah, why?"

Tadashi sighed, turning to face you. "(Y/N), can you please hand me a tissue?"

You grabbed the box from the middle of the table and handed it to him, but not before grabbing one for yourself. After wiping the "leftovers" from Hiro's face, Tadashi began to stack the plates and utensils together to bring them to the sink. You grabbed whatever utensils were left and helped him out, only to almost drop everything at the sudden shout of Aunt Cass.

"Kids! Quick, come here!"

You glanced at one another, a similar look of worry and curiosity on each of your faces. Tadashi placed everything in his hands on the sink and quickly picked up Hiro from his seat before the three of you ran down the stairs. You could only expect the worst when you saw Aunt Cass standing in front of one of the cafe tables, completely frozen.

"Aunt Cass?" you called, slowly walking up to her with your brothers right behind you. You didn't realize you forgot to leave the utensils you had, but it didn't really matter that much at the moment.

Instead of speaking, she took one big step to the side to reveal a small kitten sitting on the table with an adorably confused look on its face. The white spots on its fur were slightly dirty and its paws were a little wet, leaving tiny tracks of its paw prints on the table.

"It's adorable!" you shouted, leaving the forks and spoons on a random table near you. You ran up to pet it, a big smile on your face.

"Where'd you find it?" Tadashi asked, setting Hiro down when he began to squirm excitedly at the sight of the kitten.

"I found it eating the mochi I threw out in the garbage can," she explained, petting its head softly. It purred with delight, leaning into her touch and letting out a tiny meow.

"It's so small..." Hiro commented with wide eyes, standing on the tip of his toes to reach the table. He poked its nose lightly, causing its ear to twitch. "Boop."

The feline stared at him with the same amount of wonder in its eyes, though it seemed slightly more scared.

Tadashi quickly lifted Hiro onto one of the chairs so he could see better. "It is pretty cute." He scratched the bottom of its chin, gaining a satisfied purr in response.

"Can we keep him? Can we?" you begged, tugging on your Aunt's arm.

She smiled, putting a hand on your shoulder. "Of course we can! What should we name it?"

Hiro began to blurt out random names in an instant, as if he had prepared a list in advance. You and Tadashi simply allowed him to finish his list instead of butting in.

"... Candy! Gummy bear!" Hiro exclaimed, rasing his hand as if he were in a classroom.

Tadashi laughed. "I think he's making a grocery list."

"Marshmallow! Mochi! Cat!"

Cass' eyes lit up. "What was that other one, Hiro?"

"What? Cat?"

"No, no. You said Mochi, right?" she asked. Hiro nodded.

"Mochi is pretty fitting," you agreed. "You did find it eating mochi outside."

Cass nodded, looking back at the kitten that began to wander around the table and look over the edge. Its eyes glanced around the café in curiosity, tilting its head to the side at all the new sights.

"Mochi it is then," she said. "Speaking of mochi, there's still some mochi ice cream in the fridge. Who wants some for dessert?"

"I do! I do!"

"Yeah, me too!"

Tadashi only nodded in response, far too busy scratching the kitten behind its ear.

"Then it's settled, let's go. And bring Mochi too, there's always more room at the dinner table." She waved her hand as a gesture for you to follow her, already walking up the stairs to prepare the food.

"Mochi sits next to me!" you exclaimed, watching as Tadashi picked the kitten up and held it against his chest, careful not to get dirt on his shirt.

Hiro shrugged, jumping off the chair. "That's okay. I want to sit next to mochi the ice cream."

Tadashi laughed at that. "Well in that case, first one upstairs gets to sit next to both Mochi's!"

Once you reached the top of the stairs, slightly out of breath, you turned to the kitten that Tadashi now allowed to freely roam around and explore.

Your brothers were already positioned at the dinner table, both waiting for the dessert that Aunt Cass had just pulled out of the fridge.

"Whoops," Hiro said innocently, accidentally dropping one of the treats on the floor the moment it reached his plate. He smiled apologetically. "Sorry..."

"Be sure to stay under Hiro's part of the table," you advised the cat, knowing it wouldn't even understand you. "A lot of good food ends up there."

You quickly knelt beside Mochi and smiled, petting its head once more. "Welcome to the family, Mochi."

________________________

A/N: My headcanon of how the Hamadas got Mochi. The reason why Mochi is described as small is because I'd imagine Aunt Cass loved to spoil her and fed her whatever she wanted, resulting in her gaining a few pounds.

Thank you so much to everyone who has recently voted, commented and added my story to their library/reading list! Y'all are great.

Here's to hoping I update sooner.

- Numbuh424, over and out.