Beautiful (Tadashi x Reader)

"Hey, (Y/N)."

You looked up from your phone when you heard Tadashi call your name. "Yeah?" You said.

He was looking out the window, as if he'd been in deep thought for the past few minutes. "Remember back in that playground when we were seven years old and I said you were pretty when you smiled?"

You blushed, the memory coming back to you as if it were just yesterday.

You and Tadashi sat on top of the monkey bars as the rest of the kids all around you noisily ran and played around. You happily licked on ice cream on cones, your feet dangled from above whilst the air swirled around and carried the fallen leaves with it.

You turned around to look at Tadashi, only to see him with chocolate ice cream on his chin. You covered your mouth and giggled quietly, which caught his attention.

"What?" He tilted his head in confusion as the ice cream dripped from the cone.

Muffling some more giggles, you smiled and pointed at his chin. "You have a lot of ice cream on your chin." You said before going back to your own ice cream cone.

Tadashi wiped his chin with his sleeve and laughed as well when he saw the smears of chocolate. "Thanks."

You smiled and nodded in response.

When Tadashi got to finishing his ice cream, he looked at you as you happily ate the cold treat with a big smile on your face. You pushed back some stray strands of hair that was blown out of place by the wind, eyes focused on the other kids who were playing hide and seek on the other side of the playground. You'd join them, but you didn't want to leave Tadashi alone.

"(Y/N)," Tadashi spoke.

You looked at him, still licking the almost finished ice cream in your hands. "Hm?" You said with a hum.

"You know what," he began. "you're really pretty when you smile."

"R-really?" You blushed, staring at the ground.

He nodded with a smile. "Really."

You snapped back to reality, not noticing the smile that made its way to your face as you zoned out. Looking back at Tadashi, you nodded slowly. "Uhm, yeah. I remember. Didn't think you did, though..."

He stopped looking at the window and turned his desk chair to face you. "Of course I remember it." He smiled warmly, fixing the cap on top of his head. "And now that I come to think of it, I was wrong."

You blinked, not sure if you heard him right. "What?"

"You aren't pretty when you smile,"

You sat there, not sure how to answer. Was he insulting you? Was he trying to make you mad? Before you knew it, he stood up and walked over to you, sitting right next to you on the couch.

He looked you straight in the eyes before grinning. "because you're beautiful all the time."

Here you were again, left speechless. You tried to find the right words on order to respond, but, as if what happened years ago was repeating itself, you could only find one word to stutter out. "R-really?"

"Mhm," he hummed. "really."

________________________

A/N: Very similar to a thing I did on FFN for a KND one shot. Basically the same idea, tbh. Also, that scene on top of the monkey bars was inspired by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran's "Everything Has Changed" music video because that was just too cute to pass out on.

On an unrelated note, someone messaged me asking how old I am. Uhm... Okay, I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'll get from this but let's just say that... I'm the same age as greenblueandblack . Yeah, I'll just leave it at that.

Later.

- Numbuh424, over and out.

P.S. Speaking of greenblueandblack, anyone else just finished "Love, Hiro"? Omg I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my life now, that ending was perf.