Be Mine (Hiro/Tadashi x Reader)

A/N: Didn't expect this, now did ya?

Consider it a bonus that I hastily put together.

You should probably pretend you're somewhere between the age of Hiro and Tadashi. So like, 16.
_______________________

"Hey, (Y/N)." Hiro mumbled to himself, pacing back and forth in his room with his hand on his chin. "No, too lame. What about, 'What's up, (Y/N)?' Ugh, no."

He ruffled his hair in frustration, making it messier than it already was previously. With a groan, he turned around to look at the card he made lying on his desk. Before he could continue to think, the door slowly opened and Tadashi walked in.

"Hey, little bro." Tadashi greeted, ruffling Hiro's hair as he passed by on his way to his side of the room.

"Hm?" Hiro looked up from the floor. "Oh, hey Tadashi." He continued to pace around, not wanting anything to distract him.

Tadashi looked at Hiro in confusion and curiosity. He seemed awfully distracted today, at least, more than often.

"Got something planned, bro?" Tadashi grinned as he sat on his own bed on the other side of the room. "Looks like someone's planning to ask someone else to be their valentine."

Hiro blushed and crossed his arms. He was about to deny it, but knew that it wasn't worth it anyway. "Is it that obvious?"

"Nah, it's totally not." Tadashi said, sarcasm practically dripping off of his voice as he reached under his bed and pulled out his shoes. "And the card on your desk definitely isn't a dead giveaway."

Hiro pouted. "And so what if I'm gonna ask someone to be my valentine?"

"Aw, my baby bro is growing up." Tadashi looked up from his shoes and pretended to wipe tears away. "Never thought I'd see the day."

Hiro ignored his brother and continued to walk around, practicing his greeting. He was nervously tugging at the strings on his hoodie at the same time.

Tadashi leaned down to reach for and tie his shoe laces, not finished with teasing his brother. "So, who's the lucky girl?"

"No one in particular..."

"Oh come on, Hiro." He pleaded, dusting off his shoes and standing before walking up to the younger Hamada. " If you're gonna be asking her to be your valentine then she must be important. Besides, I'd like to know the name of my future sister in law before the wedding."

Hiro rolled his eyes at his brother before mumbling something under his breath, something that Tadashi couldn't hear.

"Who?" Tadashi asked, bending down to Hiro's height.

Hiro spoke softly again, his voice trailing off as he stared at the floor.

"You're gonna have to speak up, bro."

With a loud sigh, Hiro looked up at his brother with a half annoyed, half serious face. "(Y/N)."

Tadashi blinked. "What?"

"(Y/N)," he repeated himself more sternly. "I'm gonna ask (Y/N) to be my valentine. There, ya happy now?" He sighed before walking over to his own bed and sitting down.

Tadashi looked at him with a sheepish grin, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh, yeah... See, here's the thing."

"What now, Tadashi? I'm trying to think of how I'm gonna ask (Y/N)!" He said, plopping down onto his pillows.

Gesturing to his outfit, which was quite formal for home, and a single rose lying on his bed, Tadashi coughed into his hand. "Well, I was actually just about to go to (Y/N)'s house and ask her to be my valentine."

Only now did Hiro notice Tadashi's outfit. Y'know, since he was too busy thinking of how he was gonna ask you to be his valentine.

"What!" Hiro shot up. "You can't! I've been planning to ask her for weeks now!" He pointed at the card on his desk which was obviously handmade. (F/FL) skillfully painted on it, as well as the words "Will you be my valentine?" written on top.

"Hiro, you're 14."

"So what?"

"You're too young." He dead panned.

Rolling his eyes, he stood up and walked over to his brother before crossing his arms. "Oh come on, it's not like I'm gonna ask her to marry me or something."

Tadashi swore he heard Hiro mutter "yet" under his breath. "Whatever, what matters is that I'm asking her."

"No, I'm asking her!"

The two glared at each other in silence. Nothing was said for the next few minutes, making it so silent that you could hear a loud crashing noise coming from downstairs which was probably just Mochi tipping things over.

As if knowing each other's next move, the brothers quickly went to go grab their respective gifts before bolting out the door of their bedroom and hurrying down the stairs.

"Aunt Cass, Hiro's trying to steal my valentine!" Tadashi whined as they both passed by Cass in the living room.

"Yeah, you boys have fun..." Cass mumbled, too occupied with a show she was watching. She waved at the two before they ran down the next set of stairs, her eyes still glued to the screen.

Without wasting a second, the two immediately ran for the door and raced down the street as fast as they could on the way to your house with their gifts in hand.
...
You slowly swayed your head along to the music that was playing on your earphones. As you browsed through the internet in a relaxed position on the living room couch, you quietly sang along to the song.

On top of the world, on top of it all. Trying to feel invincible.

The music played moderately loud in your ears, still allowing you to hear the door bell when it rung. You raised an eyebrow when it rung twice.

Standing up from the couch, you made your way to the door but stopped half way when you heard voices yelling at each other.

"I'm gonna ask her!"

"No, I am!"

You tilted your head. "Tadashi? Hiro?"

You twisted the door knob and opened the door to see the Hamada brothers lightly shoving at each other on the front doorstep. When they saw you, they quickly regained their composure and smiled.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Hiro grinned, hiding his card behind his back.

"Yeah, hi (Y/N)." Tadashi smiled warmly at you, receiving death glares from Hiro.

"Uhm, hey you guys. What's going on?" You asked, noticing their shift in attitude.

"(Y/N)-"

"Will you-"

They both spoke simultaneously before glaring at each other. Moments later, you coughed into your hand to remind them you were still there. "Uhm, you guys?"

They both turned their attention to you once more before hastily pulling our their gifts and holding them out to you.

"Will you be my valentine?" They spoke in unison, smiling at you.

You looked back and forth from Hiro's card to Tadashi's rose, not sure how to respond or react as they looked at you hopefully.

This Valentines day just got a whole lot more interesting...

________________________

A/N: The choice is yours to make! Do tell me which Hamada brother you picked in the comments. Though I should probably mention, both is an option. And a very good one at that.

I, personally, would pick Hiro but the both of them doesn't sound that bad either. ^w^

Also, just in case anyone's confused, I'm publishing Valentines day one shots today cause here where I live, it's already Valentine day. Time zones can throw people off, y'know?

Alright. That's all I've got to say. Have a good Valentines Day/completely normal day but with more chocolate!

- Numbuh424, over and out.