Footsie (Hiro x Reader)

A/N: Quick note, (F/B) means favorite book.

Also, if you don't know what footsie is, I suggest you Google it in order to avoid confusion.

Enjoy!
________________________

"Wow, that's a lot of books you got there, Tadashi." you slowly put your own book down and watched as Tadashi took a seat at the edge of the wooden, library table, setting a large stack of books down beside him.

Tadashi shrugged in response before smiling. "The more the merrier, right?"

"Not for me." Hiro rolled his eyes at his brother as he sat down on a seat in front of you. He had a pout on his face, obviously not enjoying being dragged here by the both of you. "Can I just go home and watch tv or something? Anything's better than watching you two nerds read books..." he flicked a piece of lint off the table and watched as it flew off the edge.

"And leave you alone so you can run off and go bot fighting? I don't think so, knucklehead." Tadashi said as he pulled out a book and began reading, now ignoring all of his little brother's pleads to let him leave.

You chuckled at the two before pulling your own book back up and continuing where you left off.

For the next couple of minutes, silence drenched the library as both you and Tadashi busied yourselves with more books and Hiro just continued to sit there, silently mumbling something about how lame libraries are until the librarian would shush him back to silence. He eventually got up and grabbed a book of his own, absentmindedly scanning the pages for something interesting as he didn't want to die of absolute boredom. Tadashi was completely occupied by his large mountain of books and was constantly grabbing a new one from the stack every 10 minutes.

As for you, your attention was completely grasped by (F/B) that you barely noticed Tadashi's pile of books next to you tipping over and spilling loudly onto the floor. The librarian quickly shushed him as he smiled apologetically in response before picking up the fallen books one by one and stacking them back up on the table.

Despite the commotion, you were still intently reading your book, covering your face with the book and blocking your entire vision from seeing what was in front of you except for the book.

Suddenly, you felt something under the table lightly nudge your foot. You were about to check what it was, but decided against it since you were already reading the best part of the whole book.

Moments later, you felt a nudge twice. Curiosity getting the best of you, you slowly put the book down and saw Hiro still in his seat in front of you. He was covering his face with his own book making you assume he was probably still busy reading it. Before you could revert back to reading, you felt another kick and decided to look under the table.

You saw Hiro's foot innocently placed a few inches away from your own. Thinking that he probably just kicked you by accident, you looked back up to see Hiro looking at you with a smirk on his face, his book still covering the bottom half of his chin.

As he locked eyes with you, he quickly nudged your foot once more before going back to what he was doing previously.

Slowly, you realized exactly what he was doing. You fixed your sitting position in a way that you would feel more comfortable and grinned to yourself. Oh, it's on.

Pulling your book back up to your line of sight, you pretended as if you were still reading, when in reality, you were focused on figuring out where Hiro's foot was under the table. Using your own foot to scan where it was, you eventually hit his leg and smirked before lightly tapping the front of his shoe.

You quickly retreated your foot back beneath your chair and waited for some sort of retaliation. After a few minutes of silence, you began to question if it really was just an accident after all.

That is, till you felt his shoe brush up against your lower leg. Thinking fast, you quickly kicked the bottom of his shoe and hid your feet under the back of your chair.

You saw Hiro slowly begin to sink on his chair, making him slouch in order to reach your feet on the other side.

"Hiro, don't slouch like that." Tadashi quietly scolded his brother, his gaze still fixated on the book he had in his hands.

Hiro mumbled something under his breath before reverting back to his old sitting position. He put his book down and closed it, making you assume he was done playing. You felt yourself frown as you pulled your feet back in front of your chair only to have Hiro suddenly kick it once more.

You playfully glared at Hiro's smirking face as both of you continued to play beneath the table.

Tadashi started to grow curious as to how Hiro managed to remain silent for an hour. He thought that, by now, Hiro would've purposely made some loud commotion that would've gotten him kicked out of the library in attempt to leave, but instead he seemed to be busy reading some random book off the nearby shelves.

Pfft. Tadashi rolled his eyes. He wasn't having any of it. But as long as it kept Hiro quiet and in his seat, then it was all good to him.

Tadashi looked over to you and noticed you were still reading the exact same book and it seemed like you hadn't flipped the page since the last time he checked on you. This just made Tadashi even more curious. He knew how much you liked that book but he was sure you wouldn't spend that much time reading the same page over and over again.

The two of you seemed so preoccupied that neither of you remembered Tadashi was still there.

As Tadashi was looking over at the both of you, he managed to knock over a book that was right next to his elbow. Thankfully, it didn't make that much noise as it hit the carpeted ground, unlike the pile he knocked over earlier that might as well have caused an earthquake.

Leaning over to pick it up, he looked under the table and felt his eyes grow slightly wide to see your's and Hiro's legs lightly tangled together. Every now and then, one of you would lightly kick the other's foot making the other retaliate.

Tadashi grinned at the sight and chuckled before picking up his fallen book and sitting back up.

"I knew he wasn't really reading that book..." He thought to himself.

Pulling the book back up to his line of sight, he smirked. Maybe it was his older brother instinct talking but he felt obligated to tease the both of you about it or at the very least point it out. Eventually, he decided against it.

After all, footsie was a game best not to acknowledge.