Journalist (Tadashi x Reader)

A/N: A request from BlueChocolate21!

Guess who survived the fire.
________________________

Months had passed since the events of Callaghan nearly sucking the entire city into an ominous portal and the people were still working their tail feathers off to get the area back to its former glory.

Fortunately, a mysterious group of superheroes rose from the shadows and successfully managed to defeat him, preventing anymore damage, as well as saving a woman from inside the portal.

With every other news company focusing on figuring out who the masked vigilantes are, your boss decided on letting you tackle something with less competition.

Which brings you to where you were right now.

You took a deep and shaky breath as you reached for the door handle, notepad and pencil in your hand.

The moment the door swung open, you were immediately greeted by the woman who you recalled to be the owner of the café.

"Um, hi. Are you Cass?"

She smiled, a tray of glasses of juice in her hands. "That's me."

"I'm (Y/N), I'm here to-"

"Oh! (Y/N). For the newspaper?"

You nodded in affirmation, brushing a few strands of hair away from your face.

"Please, take a seat wherever you want. I'll go get him."

"Okay, thank you. Oh, and also, thanks for letting me do this. I know it must be difficult for him to talk about the whole thing..."

"It's no problem, he doesn't really mind anyway. Just try to make him comfortable, okay?"

You smiled. "Sure thing." Guess it's a good thing that I left the recorder...

You walked over to one of the tables near the corner of the room and sat down, patiently waiting for your interviewee to arrive.

"Tadashi, honey. She's here," Cass shouted, standing in front of the staircase. She looked back at you. "He'll be down in the second, I'll go get you some coffee."

You said your thanks before looking at your notepad. You quickly scanned over the questions you'd be asking, muttering them softly under your breath for practice.

"Baymax, I don't need-"

Your head shot up at the sound of shouting, followed by a robotic voice.

Down the stairs came a giant, marshmallow-like robot carrying the man you were going to be interviewing like a baby. A deep red tinted his cheeks as he hid his face beneath the cap on his head.

You felt a laugh bubble up inside you but stopped yourself for two reasons.

One, the other few people in the café seemed to be very focused on what they were doing to the point where they didn't even notice the robot headed headed down. You didn't want to disturb the silence.

Two, you were much too distracted by the giant scar over the man's right eye.

Realizing that you had been staring, you quickly snapped out of your daze and focused once more on your notepad, vaguely observing them from your peripheral vision.

The robot gently put him on his wheelchair near the staircase, fixing his sitting position before pushing it through the room.

After running into countless chairs and furniture, causing them to gain the attention of other people, they eventually arrived next to your table, the man's face completely flushed with the color red as he face-palmed.