Moving On Part 1 (Hiro x Reader)

A/N: Had to divide this into two parts cause I've been seriously busy lately. I promise I'll get part 2 up by tonight or tomorrow.

This is dedicated to my aunt who passed away last Tuesday.

She was like an Aunt Cass to me. Always taking me and my brother out to go eat or buy stuff we like cause she knew it made us happy. Sometimes, when we'd go to her house, she'd have a weeks worth of homemade food on the table even if we were only visiting for a couple of minutes. Yeah, she was the best.

We miss you, Tita Richel. A lot.

(Edited)
________________________

"(Y/N)."

A low whisper caused you to open your eyes. At first, your sight was slightly blurry, but your eyes eventually managed to adapt to your surroundings. You slowly sat up on your bed and looked around, trying to figure out where the whisper came from.

You shrug. "Guess it was just my ima-"

"(Y/N)!"

Spoke too soon.

Tapping noises came from the window on the other side of your room caught your attention. Squinting your eyes, you realize that rocks were being flung at your window from the first floor.

Using whatever energy you had in you, you zombie walk to it and rub your eyes as you gaze outside the window. The moon was full as the stars were twinkling all across the dark sky.

"(Y/N)!" The same voice called.

A cool breeze blows against your face and brushes up against the curtains hanging on the window as you continue looking elsewhere in attempt to find the person calling your name. That is, until a flying rock hits you on the head.

"Ow!" You wince in pain, rubbing the spot where the rock hit you. Your gaze shifts downward and the first thing you see is Hiro in his pajamas with a handful of rocks. You glare at him. "Hiro?"

He smiles sheepishly, allowing you to see the gap between his teeth. He drops the rocks at his feet. "Sorry! I was supposed to aim at your window."

"Then you obviously have to work on your aim." You joke, still rubbing the sore area which probably had a mark on it.

"Why are you here? It's like," you glance back inside your room and look at your clock. "2 a.m. right now."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry for waking you up but I really need you right now." His expression turned serious. "Please?"

You thought about it for a second, looking back at your bed and contemplating how warm and comfy it is.

You were about to tell him that you were still tiered and that you'll help him tomorrow, until a voice in your head cut you off.

"But your bestfriend needs you!"

Where it came from, you weren't sure. You were just that sleepy.

Looking back down at Hiro, you saw the pleading expression on his face and sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I'll be there in a second. Just let me change-"

"No time." Hiro interrupts you.

"But I'm still in my pajamas." You argue, gesturing to the pajamas that you were currently wearing.

"Well so am I. At least we'll be even."

You roll your eyes, but agree nonetheless. The sooner you can get back to bed, the better.

As you were about to leave the room in order to go out the front door, Hiro's voice stops you in your tracks.

"Wait! Are you going down the stairs?"

You walk back to the window at stare down at him. "Well yeah. That's kinda how you get from the second floor to the first."

"I know that," Hiro says. "it's just that you might wake up your parents. Just tie up a couple of blankets together, throw one end out the window and climb down."

You give him a look of curiosity. "How do you know so much about sneaking out of a house?"

He grins smugly, crossing his arms. "Well I am an ex-botfighter."

You roll your eyes, but follow along to his instructions since you didn't want to wake up your parents either.

Reaching in to your closet, you grab a bunch of spare blankets and begin tying them up to the blanket on your bed.

"So," Hiro says awkwardly, looking up and observing you as you focused on tying the sheets together. "how's your day been?"

You roll your eyes at him. "Oh yeah, it's been great. Totally." Sarcasm was more than evident in your voice.

Once you were finished, you tied one end to one of the legs of your bed and carelessly threw the other end out the window.

"Ow! Hey, watch where you throw that thing!" Hiro rubs the top of his head softly.

You snicker quietly into your hand. "Sorry! But at least we're even." You grin, quoting his words earlier.

"I said I was sorry!" He whines.

Hiro watches as you begin to descend from the second floor. "Be careful." He whispers.

Once you were close to the ground, your eyes grew wide when you saw the knot on the last blanket start to come loose. You felt the palm of your hands suddenly become sweaty out of nervousness.

"(Y/N), watch out!" Hiro whisper-yells.

Before you knew it, gravity was dragging you down. You shut your eyes tightly and waited for the impact which oddly never came.

The moment you open your eyes, you realize your face was merely inches away from the one and only Hiro Hamada who managed to catch you when you fell. He was holding you bridal style, a look of relief spread across his face.

"I told you to be careful." He smirks, helping you stand.

You whisper a silent thank you into the air, not to Hiro, but to your parents who decided to shut a majority of the lights outside which prevented Hiro from seeing how red your face was.

It's a good thing that he couldn't see the butterflies in your stomach as well.

Once you got back on your feet, you dusted yourself off and awkwardly coughed into your hand. "So... Uh, why do you need me?"

Without even responding, he grabs your hand and starts running off to the sidewalk of the streets of San Fransokyo, dragging you behind him.