Christmas Tree (Hiro x Reader)

A/N: Time flies fast, huh? Only five days until Christmas Day and I can't say that I'm not excited. This also marks the beginning of the Christmas special!

So, without further ado, let's get right to it.

________________________

"A little to the right, Baymax."

Squeak, squeak.

"A little more to the right..."

Squeak, squeak.

"And, perfect! Hold still!"

The bell hanging above your head chimed softly at your entrance. You quickly rubbed your hands together, enjoying the warmth the café brought.

"Hey Hiro," you greeted.

The boy waved briefly, nearly losing his balance on top of Baymax. The robot tried to wave as well but was held back by the Christmas lights wrapped around his shoulders and arms.

"Wanna help with the lights?" Hiro asked.

"A hello would've been nice first," you retorted, placing your hands on your hips. "But sure."

You walked up to the Christmas lights laying on the empty café tables, grabbing a few of your own. "Where's Tadashi and Cass?" you asked.

"Tadashi went out to buy some more decorations. Aunt Cass is in the kitchen decorating the pastries all Christmas-y," he said, tongue out as he focused on hanging the lights above the counter.

You glanced at Baymax, a grin forming at the corner of your lips. "He's heavy for his size, huh Baymax?"

Hiro rolled his eyes. "Haha, very funny."

"His weight is not a problem, (Y/N). I am capable of carrying more than ten times Hiro's weight," the robot answered monotonously. "Though Hiro has gotten heavier."

"I'm not that heavy," Hiro mumbled.

"Then where do all those chicken wings you eat go?" you joked.

Baymax raised a finger. "They first start at the beginning of the digestive process which is the-"

"Okay, can we not talk about my eating habits or the digestive process and get to work?" Hiro asked, hanging the last bit of the lights. He smiled at his work, dusting his hands. "Done."

"Nice job, but maybe we should get working on that Christmas tree," you suggested, pointing at the barren tree in the corner. "Not only is it the first thing people will notice when they walk in, but it's also the first thing they expect to see at this time of the year."

Hiro nodded, removing more lights from around Baymax's shoulders. "Good idea. Baymax?"

At his words, the robot began waddling towards the tree with the younger Hamada holding on tightly to its head. You followed them closely, observing the tree that stood around a foot or two taller than the robot.

"I guess I'll do the lower half since I'm closer to the ground," you suggested. "But can I put the star on top?"

Hiro smiled, pointing at the star on the counter. "Sure thing."

You both began to delicately drape the lights on your respective sides, making sure to leave extra space for mother decorations. Cass eventually stopped by to check up on you, bringing along with her two mugs of hot chocolate. With the top half being smaller than the lower half, Hiro soon finished and was sat on top of one of the tables waiting for you to finish your last round of lights.

"And... Done!" you cheered, gesturing to your work. "Pretty good, huh?"

His mouth formed a straight line, the whipped cream in his drink leaving a mustache over his lip. "Eh, it could be better."

He hastily ducked when you threw the empty box of the Christmas lights in his direction. "Kidding! I'm kidding! It looks great."

"It'll look even better when we add the star." You held the said item up. "Come on, help me up on Baymax."

Cupping his hands together, Hiro boosted you to Baymax's shoulders where you sat in the same position he did earlier. Hiro handed you the star saying, "Be careful."

You reached for the tip of the tree, eyebrows knit together in frustration when it came short by a few inches. "I can't reach it."

"Try stretching a little more. You're so close!"

You did as he said and stretched your arm further, harshly pushing down on Baymax's head so as to boost yourself higher.

"Almost... got it..." you muttered, tongue out in concentration. With a small jump, you managed to place it on top. "Yes!" you shouted, pumping your fist.

With all the excitement, your body weight suddenly shifted forward. Baymax tried to move his arms up to catch you, but was stopped by the lights that still tied his arms to his body.

Before you could crash into the Christmas tree, you quickly shifted your body weight backward in attempt to regain balance. The idea would've worked if it wasn't for gravity pushing you a little too far back.

"(Y/N), watch out!"

All you could do was close your eyes and await the impact. A split second later, you felt yourself land. Oddly enough, your head wasn't throbbing and you didn't feel the coldness of the floor. All in all, it was a softer landing than you expected. Your eyes burst open in curiosity only to see another pair of light brown eyes in front of them.

"Does 'be careful' not make any sense to you?" Hiro asked teasingly, holding you bridal style. You weren't quite sure whether his cheeks and ears were red because it was cold or because he was embarrassed as much as you were.

"Well sorry for trying so hard to make the tree look nicer," you huffed, shifting in his hold.

"And you say I'm heavy..." he murmured under his breath.

You hit his arm.

"I'm just joking!" He laughed.

Blowing a loose strand of hair away from your face, you pointed a threatening finger at him. "We will never speak of this again, got it?"

He nodded. "Got it."

Flash!

Your heads snapped towards the front door where Tadashi stood with a bag full of decorations and his phone held up in the air.

"Perfect, we needed a picture for our Christmas cards." Tadashi grinned, saving the picture.

"Dude!" Hiro shouted. "Don't show that to anyone!"

"Why not? Even GoGo would get a kick out of how adorable you two lovebirds are in this."

You scoffed, feeling your cheeks grow warm. "We're not lovebirds."

"Then why hasn't Hiro put you down yet?" he asked, taking another picture.

When Tadashi's words had processed themselves in the younger Hamada's brain, he nearly dropped you trying to set you down. You clumsily landed on your feet, throwing him a glare.

"Your faces are awfully red considering how warm it is in here." Tadashi chuckled, taking off his coat.

A finger tapped on your shoulder. "I'll tie him up with the lights and you grab his phone," Hiro said, holding the lights like a lasso.

With wide eyes, Tadashi bolted for the stairs as you both followed him closely, your footsteps and shouts echoing all throughout the empty café.

"Hiro, (Y/N)," Baymax called out, attempting to move forward only to end up getting more tangled in the lights. "I cannot move."

Baymax observed as Mochi passed by with tinsel wrapped around her leg, struggling to get it off as well.

Looking back up, he said, "This is a very dangerous holiday."