Need a Ride? Part 1 (Hiro x Reader)

A/N: I was kinda hesitant to publish this cause I don't really like how it turned out. I'll try and make up for it in part 2 but for now, this is all I've got. Hope you enjoy.
________________________

"Alright, who's next?" a woman with an eye patch yelled in the middle of the ring, an empty tray balanced on one hand. She looked at the scared faces in the crowd and smirked. "C'mon, people. I don't got all day."

"Uh, can I try?"

The crowd separated at the sound of the small voice to reveal a young boy around the age of 14 with a small black and yellow robot in his hand. He had a shy smile on his face once he realized the attention of the crowd was on him. Ignoring the snickers of people behind him, he took a step closer and coughed into his hand.

"My name is Hiro, Hiro Hamada." he said semi confidently, his grip tightening on his bot. He held it out into the light, the smile on it's face becoming more visible. "I made this robot all by myself. I thought maybe I could try using it for the first time."

The woman smirked at him and held out the tray. "Sorry, kiddo. You gotta pay to play."

"Is this enough?" he held out a wad of cash.

The woman, slightly stunned, allowed him to put the money in the tray before covering it with a lid. She turned to look back at the crowd. "Alright, anyone want to go up against Hiro?"

"I'll go."

Everyone turned to look at you in one corner of the room, your voice almost echoing when you spoke. Once you got to the front, you saw the woman grin at you.

"Ah, (Y/N). The returning champion." she looked at Hiro and winked at him. "Good luck beating this one, kid."

You heard Hiro gulp as you both took a seat on the ground, a smirk on your face as you saw his somewhat nervous look.

You had been attending bot fights for weeks now. Your parents have no knowledge of you sneaking out every night, which was a good thing since they definitely wouldn't have allowed you to attend in the first place. It's just that the fights were so easy and fun, and that's a lot coming from a 14 year old girl. But you were no ordinary 14 year old girl, you were basically a genius. Especially when it came to technology and robotics and such.

The moment you heard about fights you knew you just had to go to one. Show them what a real robot is like. The money was just a bonus.

As you sat on the floor, you couldn't help but look at your opponent. He ruffled his hair and straightened his hoodie before looking back at you. You saw him mouth "Good luck" at you, a nervous smile on his face. You grinned before mouthing a "You too" back.

Pulling out your bot and some cash, everyone watched as you both prepared yourselves. You placed the thick wad of cash next to Hiro's on the tray before the woman put the lid back on.

You eyed your remote as you heard the woman begin to speak.

"Two bots enter, one bot leaves."

Taking a deep breath, you put on a confident face. "You can do this, (Y/N). Show him who's boss." you whispered to yourself. Even though this wasn't your first fight, you still felt the nervousness creep up on you.

"Fight!"

Your gaze abruptly shot up to Hiro as you began pressing on the controls. Hiro's bot started wobbling uncontrollably as yours barely took 10 seconds to tear his apart. The crowd cheered in your expense as Hiro looked at his dismantled bot in panic.

"T-that was my first fight! Let me try again." he insisted.

The woman simply shook her head at him as she handed you the money. "Nope. No money, no fight."

He reached into the other pocket of his hoodie and pulled out an even bigger stack of money, a pleading look in his eyes.

You stared at him suspiciously. What was this kid's game? Of all the bot fights you've competed in none of them ever ended that quickly. Even if this boy didn't seem like he knew what he was doing, he seemed suspicious to you. You cautiously pulled out a slightly less than earlier amount of money from your pocket and put it in the tray with Hiro's.

"How much allowance do those kids' parents give them?" a guy whispered to his friend in the crowd.

"Bots ready?" the woman asked. Both you and Hiro nodded in response. "Fight!"

You didn't even have time to move your bot close to Hiro's. You just noticed his shy expression change to a smug and confident one, a smirk growing on his face when his robot reunited with its other parts.

You gasped. Magnets.

"Megabot," he pulled out an extended layer of his remote. "destroy."

The crowd watched in amazement as the face of Hiro's bot changed from a smiling yellow one to a red and evil looking one. You glared at it before looking back at your own remote. Pulling out the antenna to make it longer, you began pressing buttons even faster. You weren't going to give up that easily.

As Hiro's bot began to snake its way to yours, you immediately dodged it. The only way you were going to win this now was with speed. Your bot tried desperately to avoid Hiro's but ultimately failed once Hiro's bot had latched on to yours. It began tearing each part off one by one until it was limp on the floor.

The woman was frozen with amazement, not even knowing what to say along with the rest of the crowd. "Uh, winner?"

Hiro stood up with a grin on his face before he grabbed all the money in tray, everyone else just stood silent.

You were stunned as well, but smirked nonetheless. I knew that kid was hiding something.

Hiro quietly made his way to the door and stuffed the money and his bot back into his hoodie.

"Hey."

He jumped at the sound of your voice. Turning around to look at you, he grinned sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

"H-hey, so, uh... you did great... out there." he stuttered, making you chuckle.

"Calm down." you said, rolling your eyes and crossing your arms. "I'm not here to beat you up and get my money back. I'm here to tell you that you put up a pretty good fight. I've never had a bot fight like that before."

His expression calmed at your words. "Oh, really? Good. Cause I don't think my brother Tadashi would handle it well if I came home with a black eye again."

"You came here without anyone knowing too?" you questioned as he nodded in response.

You were just about to ask him for a rematch before the sound of police cars came. Everyone in the vicinity began to panic, every single one of them trying to find a way to get out.

Hiro looked quite worried as well. "If Tadashi didn't like seeing me come home with a black eye, imagine how he'd react if he saw me behind bars."

Without even thinking, you grabbed his hand and dragged him to one corner of the room where the light was slightly dimmer and there was no people.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting us out." you stated flatly.

"Why are you helping me get out? I beat you, remember?"

"Yeah, and if you remind me again, I'm leaving you here and letting the cops take you." you glared at him as he smiled apologetically. "Besides, I know how you feel. Can't let my parents find out I was here in the first place."

"So how exactly are we getting out?"

You slightly lifted up a giant poster on the wall to reveal a moderately sized broken window. "Same way I got in."

You pointed at it before looking at him. "Let's go."

"Ladies first."

You rolled your eyes as you heard the sirens get louder. "Now is not the time for formalities."

"Just go already!"

You immediately went through, not bothering to argue when you heard the police cars park. Hiro followed after you and covered the window with the poster once more just as soon as the front door broke down.