Sand (Hiro x Reader)

A/N: You and Hiro are older in this.

You'll understand why in a second.

________________________

"Hurry up, (Y/N)!" Your longtime boyfriend, Hiro Hamada, pulled you by the hand and gently dragged you towards a certain part of the beach slightly far away from the ocean. You were previously enjoying dipping your feet into the water until he ran up to you and hastily pulled you away.

"Why are you so hyper today?" You questioned, noticing how he'd been so excited to go to the beach ever since this morning. "Did you have one too many gummy bears this morning?"

He finally slowed down and turned to you with a serious face. "Okay, first of all, you can never have too many gummy bears."

You rolled your eyes at him, but nodded nonetheless.

"Second, can't I just be excited to go to the beach? Does there have to be a reason?"

You thought about it for a second then sighed. "Fine, fine. But I'm tired of going around." You took a seat on the sand where you stood and looked up at Hiro. "I'm just gonna relax here, okay?"

Hiro sighed and ruffled his hair. "Okay, this spot is good enough, I guess." He said before walking off to a place slightly far away from where you were sat. He grabbed a random twig that was lying on the shore and began to delicately trace it along the sand.

You were about to ask him what exactly this spot was "good for," until you fell curious as to what he was doing.

You raised an eyebrow in question. "What are you doing?"

"Drawing something." He stated blankly, gaze still fixated on the ground.

Though you wanted a more elaborate answer, you didn't bother asking anymore. If it kept him from dragging you around and exhausting you anymore, then it was fine with you.

You looked around and noticed that most of the people in the beach already seemed to be headed home which left you, Hiro, and a couple of people who were already packing up their things.

Turning back to the view in front, you saw that the sun was beginning to set. Yellow, orange, red and pink faded into one another as the colors reflected on the surface of the ocean with a cool breeze circling the air, lightly blowing your hair back.

The waves slowed down and became much more calm and controlled until it was as steady as it could get, making an incredibly calming sound that put you into an even more relaxed state.

You dug your fingers into the sand to feel its cool texture, letting it slip through your fingers and back onto the ground. With a smile on your face, you let out a relaxed sigh before closing your eyes in order to enjoy the moment while it lasted.

"(Y/N)!" Hiro suddenly shouted, snapping you out of your trance.

At least you enjoyed the moment.

You opened your eyes turned to look at him. He seemed to be finished with whatever he was drawing. "Yeah, Hiro?" You tried not to sound irritated.

He gestured for you to go to him. Just as you were about to comply and stand up, he suddenly shouts.

"No wait! I take that back, stay right there."

You watched as he threw the stick away and walked behind you before covering your eyes, preventing you from seeing the rest of the sunset.

"Hey!"

"Just trust me, okay?" He said, nervousness almost evident in his voice. But you didn't notice since you were too busy trying to figure out what he was going to do.

He tentatively began to help you stand up as you hesitantly followed him to what you assumed to be the spot where he was drawing.

"What's so important about this drawing that you just had to cover my eyes?" You asked curiously, making you wonder even more when he didn't respond. You also took notice that his hands were a little sweaty.

At some point, he pulled you to a stop. Slowly, he uncovered your eyes and stayed behind you.

You blinked and tried to adjust your eyes to the light. Looking down, you gasped and covered your mouth in shock when you saw a message written in the sand being illuminated by the beautiful glow of the sunset.

(Y/N), I love you. Will you marry me?

You took a step back in shock and felt tears well up in your eyes in disbelief. "H-Hiro... What-"

You turned to face him, only to gasp again when you saw him down on one knee holding out an engagement ring behind you.

He gave a toothy grin. "Please?"

You stood there completely speechless for what seemed like an eternity, making Hiro nervous. He was just about to abort the entire thing until you suddenly stepped forward and tackled him into a hug, making him stumble back a bit.

"Yes, yes you dork!" You hugged him as tight as you could, wrapping your arms around his neck with small amounts of tears trailing down your cheeks.

Hiro was smiling as wide as he could, hugging you back even tighter. He stroked your hair, not wanting to let go from the hug, though he knew he still had something to do.

He moved back and placed the ring on your finger, basically grinning ear-to-ear at how happy he was. The ring sparkled as the sun's light hit it, making it seem almost magical.

You threw your arms around your, now, fiancée once more, a single tear falling from your eye.

He pulled you even closer to him and gave you a chaste kiss before moving away and lightly pressing your foreheads together.

The sun slowly faded into darkness as the stars came into view, along with the moon that reflected itself on the water. The wind turned cold and the remaining people left, but neither one of you bothered about any of that.

He stared into your (E/C) eyes, never wanting to look away. Stroking your cheek, he whispered softly. "I love you so much, ( Y/N). Like, wow do I love you."

"Yeah," you nuzzled your forehead against his. Still a little speechless, you let out a breathy laugh and smiled as you closed your eyes in order to let the moment sink in. "I love you too, Hiro."

_______________________

A/N: I got this idea from somewhere on the internet. I didn't want to write it at first, but then I saw the opportunity to write about a sunset (which I love to write) so I was like let's do this.

Don't be afraid to correct me if there were any mistakes. I'm typing this on a phone with a very skinny keypad so I'm bound to get something wrong. Correct me especially if there's a misuse of "your" and "you're" or "their," "they're," and "there." I really hate that.

Anyway, see you later.

- Numbuh424, over and out.