I'm Sorry (Hiro x Reader)

"I'll wait for you guys by that tree over there, alright?" You said as you waved to your best friends, Tadashi and Hiro, who smiled at you before they walked to the bridge.

Tadashi seemed like he had something important to say to Hiro and you didn't want to ruin their brotherly moment by being there so you decide to stand next to a nearby tree and wait for them. You stared up at the stars and smiled. Sure, the lights of the city sometimes out shone the stars but that didn't make them any less pretty to look at. You looked back at Hiro and Tadashi and saw them leaning against the bridge. Tadashi must be telling Hiro about how proud he is or something...

Suddenly, Hiro's expression turned to panic as he seemed to zip up his zipper before lightly punching Tadashi's arm.

You chuckled. Tadashi had told you that Hiro's fly was down and told you not to tell him.

"Those two sure are something..." you muttered quietly to yourself, a grin on your face.

The night was calm and quiet, a cool breeze circling the air. You could almost fall asleep then and there. That is, until a loud sound pierced through the silence.

BRRRIING!

You abruptly turned your head towards the school at the smell of smoke. "Oh no." you whispered once you saw people running out of the building, fire growing on the inside as the flames reflected on the windows.

Without even thinking, you immediately ran towards the school. Dodging all the other people who were running out, you went up to a woman who was still near the building and helped her get slightly farther away.

"What happened?" you asked her in panic.

"A fire started, we don't know how but Professor Callaghan is still in there!" she screamed in between coughs before frantically running past you.

You looked back at the burning building. Before you were able to run inside, you stopped in your tracks when you heard two voices shout your name.

"(Y/N)! Don't!" Hiro yelled as he and Tadashi ran up to you. "It's dangerous here, we have to go!"

"But Callaghan's still in there!"

"(Y/N)-" Tadashi was cut off by you.

"No, someone has to help." you stated firmly, looking at both of them in the eyes before sighing deeply.

"Look, if anything happens to me, I want you two to know that I love you guys." you said, mainly staring at Hiro. You almost didn't want to run in seeing the worried expression he had.

Almost.

Without a second thought, you ran in as fast as you could, the last thing you heard being Hiro and Tadashi shouting your name.

Tadashi looked like he wanted to run in to help as well, but he couldn't just leave Hiro alone. Especially when he knows he'll probably run in after both of you.

Hiro looked at Tadashi with a serious face. "I'm going in."

"What? Hiro, no!" Hiro didn't even listen to him. He ran towards the staircase in a brave attempt to get you out of there. Although, the moment his foot came in contact with the first step, the building exploded and threw Hiro back onto the ground.

Hiro felt his vision become blurry, groaning in pain, as he stared at the building. He heard Tadashi shout his name, the sound of his footsteps getting louder as he ran up to him before the sirens of firetrucks and ambulances blared in the background.

As he saw the building in total flames, he felt a single tear stream down his face. He shut his eyes tightly, not wanting to believe what had just happened. Feeling Tadashi kneel beside him and hold him in his arms, Hiro silently sobbed into his blazer with only one thought going through his mind.

"(Y/N)... I love you too."
________________________
A/N: Wow, only three chapters in and I'm already going for angst. Well, I mean... If this counts as angst. Sure hope it does.

I couldn't think of anything so I decided to flip the script and bam. You took Tadashi's place.

Alright. See you later.

- Numbuh424, over and out.