Technically Married (Tadashi x Reader)

A/N: I'm back! Oh man, it's been a while. School has been weighing me down by sitting on my shoulders and breathing down my neck for the past week now, and to think it's only been a week since school started!

I'd love to get to a request right now but when I write requests, I want them to be as perfect as possible and with the limited amount of time I have to write right now, I can't really do that. I'll get to them right after this, but for now, I hope this is okay.

You both are eight in the flashback, and around eighteen after the flashback.

So, with only a can of soda and three packs of gummy bears keeping me from falling asleep on the keyboard, let's do this.
________________________

You watched quietly as all the other students ran around the playground, chasing each other in an intense game of tag. The moment one of the boys tagged one of the girls, every boy in the area screamed in panic, constantly uttering the word "Cooties!" as they ran for cover.

The girl, on the other hand, had a huge grin on her face, using the fake disease to her advantage by cornering them and scarring them senseless whenever she poked them on the arm.

Beside you was your best friend Tadashi, who was much too busy swinging so high that you swore he'd fly up into the trees if he let go.

"(Y/N)!" He shouted, still in the air. He forced his swing to stop, fixing his hair that had been messed up by the wind. "(Y/N)," he said more quietly.

"Yeah?"

With an excited voice, he said, "Take my hand." He gently held his hand out to you.

You raised an eyebrow at him. "Why?"

"We can swing together at the same time!" He smiled widely as if he had just gotten the best idea in the world.

Not wanting to upset him, you shrugged, not seeing a problem with it. Grabbing his hand, you both counted backwards from three before lunging forward at the same time. It barely took seconds before you two were higher than a lot of the other kids swinging.

You held on to Tadashi's hand as tight as he was holding on to yours, both of you giggling loudly at the height you managed to get to.

The sound of equally loud laughing and snickering made its way to your ears, but it wasn't distracting enough to make either of you stop. Though, unlike the laughing, you couldn't ignore what the kids behind you began shouting.

"Look! Tadashi and (Y/N) are married!"

"They're swinging together!"

"Ew! Tadashi has cooties now!"

Your feet planted themselves firmly on the ground, Tadashi copying your actions.

"What are they talking about?" You asked him, looking at the boys who were previously playing tag now pointing and laughing at you and your best friend. "We're not married."

Tadashi blushed. His hand unconciously went to awkwardly rub his forearm. "They think that when people swing at the same time it means they're married."

"Why?"

"I don't know, it doesn't make any sense. Just don't listen to them, they'll get bored and leave us alone." With his hand still holding yours, he counted down once more before you both lifted off the ground and resumed the fun.

If it weren't for Tadashi telling you otherwise, you probably would've gotten in trouble for lashing out at the kids who didn't want to stop singing the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. song behind you.

. . . . .

"You know, Tadashi," you said, enjoying the breeze that came with swinging so high in the air, "the point of being on a swing is to actually swing. It's in the name. If you're not gonna swing, you might as well sit on the bench."

He moved his head along with the movement of your swing, keeping his eyes on you the whole time. "I'm satisfied enough just watching you enjoy swinging."

"But you're not having any fun. Here," you held out your hand in front of him, a sense of familiarity linked to the action, "take my hand."

A smirk of realization twitched at the corner of his lips. "Seriously?"

"Seriously." You wiggled your hand. "Take it."

He did as told, grabbing your hand and fixing his sitting position on the wooden seat in order to prevent himself from flying off unexpectedly.

"One," you began.

He nodded. "Two."

"Three!"

Though it wasn't as fun as it was back in preschool, it was still undoubtedly fun and even somewhat relaxing to take off into the air at the same time.

The swings you were on weren't the same as the ones you both swung on before. Unlike those which were quite close to one another, these were at least one seat apart, making it difficult to hold on to each other's hand. In the end, you both settled for lightly lacing your fingers together. Eventually, you slowed down until you were only moving back and forth lightly, the perfect speed to enjoy the surroundings and still swing.

You hummed quietly, observing Tadashi from your peripheral vision as he stared at you. "You know what, Tadashi?"

"What?" He asked, his train of thought being broken.

You turned to face him. "If we were still in elementary school, we'd technically be married now."

"Well, yeah. I was actually thinking the same thing." He laughed, replaying the memories of you two on the school playground in his head, the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. song that they'd sing still fresh in his memory. "But you know what else?"

"What?"

He softly rubbed your knuckles with his thumb, a tiny smile on his face as the slowly descending sun reflected in his eyes. "I honestly wouldn't mind that. Not one bit."

________________________

A/N: Oh, gummy bears and soda, you have yet to fail me.

Alright, thanks so much for reading and sticking around! I'll try not to take as long to update again but I honestly can't make any promises cause you never know with school.

Do vote if you liked it and, if you didn't know yet, I have a Hiro x Reader book that I'd appreciate if you could check out on my profile! It's only on chapter three so it still has a long way to go.

See you guys later!

- Numbuh424, over and out.