Video Games (Hiro x Reader)

Ding, dong!

"Hiro, sweetie!" You hear who you assume to be Hiro's aunt call from the other side of the front door. "Your girl friend from SFIT is here!"

"She's not my girlfriend, Aunt Cass!" Hiro shouts in response as he hastily runs down the stairs, his footsteps echoing. You chuckle softly.

"I know that, sweetie. I just meant your friend that's a girl!"

Hiro abruptly swings the door open, startling you. "You didn't hear that, did you?" He smiles sheepishly, rubbing his neck with one hand as he held the door open with the other.

"Crystal clear." You grin at him, making him blush.

"You're late, y'know." He glances at the wall clock near the door. "Like, an hour late."

Now it was your turn to grin sheepishly. "Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda lost track of time..."

He shrugs his shoulders, opening the door wider. "Eh, it's alright. The hot wings are kinda cold already, but just because you're late doesn't mean we can't play video games anymore."

"Exactly, so let's go!" You cheer before running into the cafe with him, closing the door behind you.

You both dodge the few customers that were wandering around the cafe trying to find a place to sit.

You greet Hiro's aunt as you pass by her before grabbing the bowl of (now cold) hot wings on the counter. The two of you quickly make your way up the stairs and into the living room.

"Alright, Hamada," you smirk. "ready to lose?"

"Yeah right." He rolls his eyes at you, setting the bowl down on a table. "You've never won against me before."

"Hey, you never know. I just might change that today."

"Whatever. Grab the controllers!" He orders, grabbing the video game CD and inserting it.

You do as told and grab the controllers laying on the coffee table. Tossing the other remote to him, you both quickly take a seat on the ground in front of the tv.

The tv came to life, revealing the racing game you and Hiro had been playing for weeks now. With one press of a button, the game started as both of you began to expertly mash on the buttons.

After a couple of rounds, you were extremely focused on the game while Hiro seemed almost bored, especially after beating you five times in a row. Minutes pass and you both decided that whoever won this round would be the actual winner.

"You're going down." Hiro mutters with a smirk, his fingers gliding across the controller.

"Not today, Hamada." You retort, furiously mashing the poor controller.

Hiro managed to pick up a booster on the road which put him in the lead. He grinned when the finish line appeared in the distance.

"Looks like I'm gonna win." He announces with a smug expression.

"Not exactly." You say.

"What's that supposed to me-" He was cut off when you grab the collar of his shirt and yank him towards you, briefly kissing him before going back to the game.

You quickly brush it off as if it were nothing, your focus immediately reverting back to the game. Hiro, on the other hand, stopped altogether. He sat there in silence with the controller in his hands, too dumbstruck to move.

"I win!" You cheer in triumph when your car crossed the finish line, throwing your arms controller in the air. "I told you I'd beat you."

Hiro continued quietly sit beside you, staring blankly at the tv screen as his face was completely tomato red.

"Hello? Earth to Hamada?" You wave your hand in front of his face. He remained silent, face full of shock.

Soon enough, he remembered where he was. He shook his head and jumped back into reality. "You cheated."

"No, I didn't!" You defend, crossing your arms. You smirk at him. "You're the one who stopped playing."

"That's because you kissed me!"

"I can't help it if you're not man enough to kiss me." You tease him and laugh, making him lightly shove you, though he was laughing as well. "Besides, you couldn't have let it distract you so much."

"Well it's not every day your crush grabs you by the shirt and kisses you!" He blurted out, almost too quickly. Realizing what he had just said, he hastily covers his mouth with his hand.

You blink, almost speechless. "D-did you just say... crush?"

Hiro flails his hands and furiously shakes his head. "Uhm, n-no! I uh, said... I said-"

"Crush. You called me your crush." You finish for him.

He sighs, knowing there was no point in denying what he said. "Yeah. I said crush. I have a crush on you, okay?" He admits shyly, rubbing his forearm.

He tries to avoid your gaze, staring at anything else besides your eyes. "It's lame, I know. But don't worry, I'll get over it... somehow."

You felt heat rise to your cheeks, matching the color of his. "N-no! I mean, well, the truth is... I sorta like you too."

He looks directly at you, eyes full of disbelief. "Wait, really?"

You chuckle at his excitement. "Yeah, really."

You both stare at each other for a while. At first, it was quite nice and peaceful, but as time passed it began to grow a little awkward.

Hiro scratched his thick head of hair, trying to think of what to say next. "So, what now?"

"Rematch." You practically demand, grabbing your controller once more.

He rolls his eyes. " Again? I thought we agreed that that was the last round."

"Yeah, but I wanna prove to you that I can actually beat you fair and square during the game."

"Fine, fine. But this is the last one, okay?" He says.

You nod in response.

Before he could actually start the game, you suddenly put your hand on top of his which caught his attention.

"Oh, and Hiro?" You smile sweetly at him.

Hiro blushed at the contact, glancing at your hand before looking at you. "Uh, yeah?"

You grab the controller from his hands and throw it to the other corner of the room before starting the game and playing.

"Hey!" He whinned. "You said you were gonna play fair and square!"

"I said during the game, not before." You laugh, taking the lead.

He chuckles and rolls his eyes before standing to go grab his controller. "Well played, (Y/N). Well played..."

________________________

A/N: Anyone have any ideas for a Tadashi one shot? Do message me some if you have some. I'd appreciate it since I can't think of any xP You can also suggest some Hiro ones! Basically, request if you've got something in mind. ^_^

Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading! See ya.

- Numbuh424, over and out.