Storm (Tadashi x Reader)

A/N: As (kind of) requested by SenseiOfTheDojo ! Sure hope this is somewhere along the lines of what you wanted.

Enjoy!
________________________

Crash!

It happened so quickly, almost all at the exact same time. Previously, you were just sitting in Tadashi's lab as both of you were finishing some last minute things on your group project. You were both enjoying the silence, the only sound being the rain splashing against the window that was slightly muffled by the glass, then suddenly lightning flashed through the sky accompanied by a loud echoing of thunder.

You almost let out a scream when the lights suddenly went off, along with anything and everything electrical, leaving you in complete darkness.

"Tadashi?" you called out, as if worried he wasn't there anymore. You squinted your eyes in an attempt to force yourself to see through the dark.

"(Y/N)?" you heard him reply making you calm down slightly.

"(Y/N), just stay where you are okay. I'll try and find my flashlight." Tadashi ordered as he began to try walking around the room.

You really wished you hadn't left your phone in your lab now. That would've been useful as a flashlight. But nooo, you just had to let it charge.

Quietly listening to the echo of Tadashi's footsteps, a loud thud followed by an "Ow!" suddenly came from one corner of the room.

"Tadashi, are you okay?" you asked worriedly, not sure where he was.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just ran in to something." he groaned in pain before going around again. Blindly rummaging through his drawers, he grabbed what he assumed was his flashlight and turned it on. The bright light illuminated the room once Tadashi got it to work. Tadashi turned around to face it to you on the couch before turning around and pointing it at the window which was still being covered by the blinds.

He pulled up the blinds and opened the window to see the rain furiously pouring down onto the pavement, lightning and thunder flashing across the dark sky. Despite the window being open, it was still ominously dark in Tadashi's lab. Though the moon brought some light into the room, making it a tad easier to see.

Tadashi walked over to his desk and put the flashlight into a cup holder, turning it into a makeshift light source. He sighed and fixed the cap on his head, looking at the window. "Looks like we're gonna have to stay a bit longer. That storm doesn't seem like it's gonna stop any time soon."

You saw him making hand puppets on top of the flashlight and giggled. "Can't they just use the generator to turn everything back on for the time being?"

Tadashi shook his head, forming a butterfly with his fingers as the shadow took said form. "They could, but they only do so during class hours. I doubt they'd turn it on just because only the two of us are still here."

You nodded. Guess you were gonna be stuck here a while, but Tadashi was here too. Which kinda made this whole thing a whole lot more tolerable.

You fixed your sitting position on his couch and stared out the window, watching the water let gravity drag it down in teardrop forms. Thunder and lightning continued to come in pairs, startling both of you every now and then.

With a deep sigh, you placed your head on your hands. You could only imagine when the rain would stop already and you could finally walk home, smelling the fresh scent of petrichor* fill the air.

Tadashi noticed you and stopped the hand puppets. Slowly, he walked over to you and sat right next to you on the couch. He put a hand on your shoulder and pouted.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"(Y/N), I know you too well. Something's wrong, I can tell."

You turned around to look at him, tearing your gaze away from the window. "Just bored, I guess. That, and I wanna go home."

Tadashi frowned. "Why? You don't like spending time with me?"

"What? No. That's why you're my best friend, because you're one of the few people I actually like spending time with."

He chuckled at your response. Leaning on the couch, he made himself slightly more comfortable in his sitting position. "Then why do you wanna go home?"

You yawned.

"Sleepy, are we?" he grinned. You nodded as you felt your eyelids begin to heavy.

"Our project has kept me up for nights..." you murmured, trying to keep your eyes open as you leaned back.

As Tadashi looked at you, his eyes lit up as if he got an idea. He stood up and walked over to his drawer, pulling out what seemed to be a large blanket.

You watched curiously once he walked back to the couch and sat down. To your astonishment, he unfolded the blanket and began to cover the both of you.

You blinked and looked at him. "What are you doing?"

He fixed the blanket around you before actually responding. "It's cold, isn't it?"

"Y-yeah, I guess." you mumbled, nodding in agreement. You had to admit, it was pretty cold and this blanket contrasted that by being warm and comfy.

"Besides, I'm not sure how long this storm will last. You might as well get some well deserved sleep in the meantime. I'll wake you up when it stops."

You wanted to argue and say that you could stay awake, but you couldn't deny how sleepy you were. "Can I borrow a pillow?" you requested, muffling a yawn.

"Don't need one. I am your pillow."

His statement made you jump back a bit. Turning to look at him, you saw his completely serious face being illuminated by the light of the flashlight bouncing all around the room.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

You tentatively inched closer to him, glancing at him every now and then as if to see if he were okay with it.

Just before you could get any closer, and loud crash thundered in the sky causing you to jump. Before you knew it, you were hugging Tadashi's chest and pressing your head against his shoulder.

You blushed furiously and was about to pull away and apologize until you felt his arm wrap around your shoulders. As the warmth began to settle in, you snuggled closer to him and sighed happily.

The thought that you were actually cuddling with Tadashi prevented you from sleeping. Sure, he was your best friend but you couldn't help but develop a crush on him over the years. Brushing the thoughts aside, you finally managed to shut your eyes and drift off into a peaceful slumber moments later.

Tadashi smiled when he saw you snoring softly on his shoulder, the dim lighting still vaguely illuminating the room. He brushed a stray strand of hair from your face and, instead of pulling his hand away, allowed it to linger on your cheek for a while.

He didn't know what came over him, whether it was how it perfectly suited the moment or the fact that he's had a crush on you since forever. All he know is, his face slowly inched towards yours and he lightly kissed your forehead.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)." he mumbled.

You squirmed lightly, still feeling the cold air despite being fast asleep. Tadashi took notice of this and held you closer to him. He yanked the cap off of his head and set it on the arm rest of the couch before resting his chin on the top of your head.

Forgetting that he was supposed to stay awake and wait for the rain to stop, he slowly began to drift off into sleep with a smile on his face.

________________________

A/N: *Petrichor is the smell after it rains. The more you know.

I'm so happy I managed to finish this! Like, wow did it turn out better than I expected. Time to get to work on the other one. *winkwink*

- Numbuh424, over and out.