Rings (Hiro x Reader)

Hiro paced back and forth, slightly nervous. He felt his breath begin to pick up pace as he stared at the floor in deep thought. Anytime now, you were gonna come over to the cafe and hang out with him just like every day. Except, today he had something important to ask you. Something that just might change everything.

You both had been hanging out much more often that he felt like they started to become dates instead. I mean, restaurants, movies, museums? Hiro was starting to feel confident and sure about his idea and knew that he just had to ask you at some point. With a little help from Cass, he finally managed to bring himself to call you and tell you to meet him at the cafe after lunch.

Now was the time. He felt his hands begin to sweat in his pockets as he held on the plastic bag tighter, hoping that his idea wouldn't be too cheesy. But he had to make this special, one way or another, and this was all he could come up with. Cass suggested some other stuff but ended up agreeing with him on this idea saying that it was "too cute to just throw away."

He squeaked when he heard the doors of the cafe open. Turning around, he saw you begin to make your way to him making him take long and deep breaths in attempt to calm himself down. He couldn't mess this up.

"H-hey, (Y/N). What brings you here?" he asked, trying to play cool.

"Uh, you. You called me last night and told me to meet you after lunch, remember?"

Hiro face palmed. Well, there goes trying to play cool. "R-right. Yeah, exactly."

You noticed his nervous behavior, with all the stuttering and such, and looked at him with a worried expression. "Hiro, are you okay? You seem awfully nervous."

Hiro coughed into his hand in attempt to compose himself before looking at you. "I'm fine. Perfectly fine."

"You sure? Cause you-" you were cut off when he suddenly took your hand and dragged you upstairs to the living room where you were both alone. He visibly took another deep breath.

"(Y/N), you're my best friend, right? And we'll always be best friends no matter what happens, right?" the fifteen year old asked you, his hand still holding onto yours.

You frowned at the term "best friend," wishing you could be more, but nodded nonetheless. "Yeah? Hiro, where are you going with this?"

He mustered up all of his courage and suddenly got down on one knee, his eyes still focused on yours. You felt yourself gasp, not sure where this was headed.

Hiro felt like he was losing his words again as he stared into your eyes but he was already too far to back out now. "(Y/N), you are absolutely amazing. You are literally the most amazing and beautiful girl I ever met and ever will meet which is why I need to ask you this before someone else does..."

He looked at you seriously for a moment when he stuck his hand in his pocket. "Before you start thinking ahead, no, I'm not proposing."

You heard the wrinkling of plastic in his hoodie's pocket as he slowly pulled out a gummy bear ring in which even the band was edible. "I just need to ask you something important."

He held out the 'ring' and grinned.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

You didn't know whether to smack him in the head for being so cheesy, to yell at him for making you think that he was actually going to propose, or to hug him. You decided on the latter. Quickly reacting, you threw your arms around his neck as he stood back up.

"Of course! Took you long enough to ask me." you joked, hugging him tighter. "That was so cheesy."

"Yeah, I know."

When you both let go, he delicately slipped the gummy bear ring on your left ring finger and smirked. You quickly took a bite out off the gummy bear on top before kissing him. He slowly put his hands on your waist as you wrapped your arms around his neck. You felt his lips curve into a smile before both of you let go moments later.

"You taste like gummy bears." he smirked as he looked at you, both of you still clinging on to each other. "I like it."

You rolled your eyes before kissing his cheek. "Of course you do."

Both of you slowly let go of one another, his hand quickly grabbing yours as he pulled out the entire bag of gummy bear rings. "Come on, these things aren't gonna finish themselves."

You nodded. "Hey, uh, Hiro. Do you think we should tell Cass and the others about, well, us?"

Hiro shook his head, already eating some of the gummy bears. "Nah, they can just figure it out themselves."

You chuckled as you followed him back downstairs, finishing the gummy ring on your hand.

________________________

A/N: Inspired by the fact that my mom bought me some gummy bear rings because the store ran out of ordinary gummy bears.

I'd always tell people that if someone were to propose to me with a bag of gummy bears instead of a ring, I'd probably say yes instantly. These rings are like the compromise to that.

I hope you enjoyed! Later.

- Numbuh424, over and out.