Fifty-four (My Valentine.)

"Are you taking me out of the group?? Why is my name not on this paper." One of my groupmates confronted me as I was busy retyping our case analysis on my laptop. It's Valentines today but I had to finish a project so my groupmates and I decided to meet up in the library.

I looked at this annoying person and smiled.

"Well, why not? You never do the tasks I ask you to and the group falls behind the submission dates because of your lack of cooperation." I said sternly.

She scoffed in disbelief and my group starts to feel uncomfortable because she was starting to make a scene.

"Mrs. Kim will know about this."

"Go ahead. Tell her." I said.

I was too tired carrying the burden of staying up all night just to do her parts for the paper.

"Hey Minju stop it. We're in the library. Can't you just ask y/n nicely??"

"Why would I? I was placed in this group first." Minju said and she started to make up nonsensical excuses.

I massaged the bridge of my nose and chuckled.

"Follow me." I said as I closed my laptop and stood up from my seat.

"Huh? To where??"

"I'll help you tell Mrs. Kim about this." I said.

She smiled and I rolled my eyes when I turned away.

"Is something going on?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt your break but this is just really urgent, Mrs. Kim." I said.

"Oh no, it's completely fine."

"I think Minju needs to find another group." I said.

Minju gasped and glared at me.

I left the room because our professor wanted to talk to her in private.

But before I could even leave the place, Minju pulled my arm.

"I can't believe you did that, y/n. You are so full of yourself." She said before rolling her eyes at me and stomped her way through the hallway.

I was about to run after her and pull her hair but I stopped myself from doing so.

My entire day was ruined and what she said to me hurt me so much. I just couldn't get it off of my head.

I went back to the library and saw that my groupmates had already left.

But they left a note saying the were sorry they had to leave early.

I sighed and sat alone along with my laptop and books.

"This is really frustrating." I said.

Suddenly, someone poked me on both of my sides and I immediately knew who it was.

"Hey, what happened?" Jaemin, my boyfriend, said as he looked at my face.

He looked so worried so I tried my best to still give him a smile even though I was feeling like shit deep inside.

"Can you give me five minutes to calm myself? I want to be alone for awhile." I said.

He was kinda hesitant at first but he agreed to give me some time to be alone.

"Okay. I'll wait for you in the lobby." He said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry." I muttered.

He sighed and leaned in and kissed my forehead.