Thirty - seven (Dunk shot)

"Jaemin! Congratulations for winning the championship game! Dream team's captain never fails to amaze us every time~" Jaehyun said as he patted his little brother's shoulder.

Jaemin was the team captain of their basketball team that represents the whole university. Their varsity team was known for having such a great team work and high scoring points every game.

Jaemin was so popular among your female colleagues and you cannot deny the fact that he serves good looks, too.

As per usual, Jaemin receives all the attention he deserves after each game. People came up to them immediately soon after the game ended.

You usually don't watch basketball because you kinda find it complicated, but whenever Jaemin plays, you couldn't help but make time just to watch it.

You were sitting on the risers from afar and you smiled as you watched him being all shy for getting a lot of compliments.

He looked around and once he met your gaze, his face automatically lit up.

He immediately excused himself from his team and the crowd and jogged towards you with a huge smile on his face.

"Muffin! You made it!" He called out.

Your cringed hearing that petty nickname he always had for you ever since you guys were young.

"Can you stop calling me that from now on? We're already in college for Pete's sake! We're close to graduating too!" You said as you pinched his side, causing him to giggle.

Nothing changed between you two after all these years. He was still the mischievous kid you knew from childhood. The only difference is that now, he's popular and you're not.

Kinda cliche, but you expected it anyway as you two were growing up.

"I don't care though? 'Muffin' is really cute. Don't you think so??" He shrugged.

You rolled your eyes in frustration.

"By the way. Congratulations, J." You said.

He sat beside you and smiled at you softly.

"Thank you. Aren't you busy? You told me you were quite busy reviewing for your upcoming exams." He said.

"Yeah. I was busy but you know I can't miss my best friend's championship game." You said and he tried not to stifle a smile.

"Y/n. Would you come with us for dinner with the team?" He said.

But you were kinda hesitant because you knew it'll be bombarded with popular people and you didn't want to be left out.

"Uhm. Sorry J, but I have to reject you this time." You said and he looked disappointed but tried to hide it with a smile.

"Oh.... It's okay. But can I finally take you to our victory party this weekend?" He said and you didn't know what to say.

There was an old tradition for the varsity team to have their victory parties whenever they won a championship game.

And having Jaemin as their team captain, he always assure they'd win just to conduct the party but you always rejected his invitation in fears you might feel being left out.

He seems to be really expecting a lot this time so you had no choice but to say yes.

Suddenly, a girl from the cheerleading squad called Jaemin's attention. She looked so pretty and there were other guys checking out on her.

He looked quite hesitant to go since it's been a while since you two had a conversation because he got busy with their trainings.

"You should go. They're waiting for their team captain." You said as you pushed him lightly.