Fifty-five. (Still into you)

"Are you sure about your decision of going back to Korea?" My younger sister, Yumi asked as I was packing my stuff in my room.

"Well, there's no turning back." I chuckled.

After finishing high school in Korea, I had to transfer here in France to pursue my college degree and to also live with our grandparents for awhile.

I just recently graduated and I unfortunately have to return to Korea for my job interview with a famous fashion magazine I've always wanted to work with ever since.

But going back to Korea had been one of my fears and now I have no choice but to return and face the familiar faces I've once been close with.

The truth is, I've had a bad breakup years ago and knowing that our paths could cross once again worries me a lot.

"What about him?? How are you gonna deal with Jaemin if he knows you're coming back?"

I paused to look at her and simply sighed while hugging my knees.

"I honestly don't know, too. But I don't want to worry about that now." I said.

"Just wish me lots of luck. I know everything will be fine. And besides, Jaemin is famous now. He probably moved on and I bet he won't care even if our paths cross."

I may meet my ex-boyfriend, NCT Dream's Na Jaemin, and honestly I don't know what to feel about that.

●●●

The first thing I did once I landed in Korea was to check on the apartment I'll be staying in for a while.

The place I got was just enough for me so I didn't think twice of renting it right away. It was small, but cozy enough to sleep in. I literally bought almost all of my clothes from home so every corner of my room was a mess.

I pulled myself a chair and wiped the droplets of sweat on my forehead.

"That's so tiring." I mumbled to myself.

Was thinking deeply about the interview for the next few days when I felt my stomach growl. Good thing there was a nearby convenience store in the area and I was craving for food since I just ate snacks the entire flight.

I was about to enter the convenience store when I spotted a familiar face running into me.

"Y/n?" She gasped.

I was so surprised that I just gave her a small and awkward smile.

It was Avi, one of our schoolmates back in high school. To be honest, we weren't really close. She was closer with Jaemin and Jeno and I think they went to auditions together back then.

"You're back. I didn't expect to bump into you at this hour!" She said enthusiastically and I felt at ease.

She initiated to accompany me for the mean time and I felt so thankful for that. It was sort of like I wasn't alone anymore. Maybe because she had this great personality and she can make everyone like her just by her company.

"So how about you? How was college?" She asked, focusing the topic on me now.

"It was great. I really enjoyed studying there and now, I'm just waiting to finally land on a job." I said with a smile.

We were just having a great conversation when Avi got a call. She excused herself and moved away a little.

"I'm at a convenience store around the block. I met a friend so I decided to stay for awhile. I'll be back soon. Jeno stop messing around and tell them to finish the routine. " I heard her say.