Forty-four(Bloom)

Surprise!! It's been a while since I've came up with my own story line~ I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it!

PLEASE READ THE SHORT ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW AFTEER!!!

««※»»

It is the time of the day again~!

My love-hate relationship with the dawn is getting stronger every day. I curled up like a ball and snuggled to my pillow and waited for grandma to come wake me up.

My puppy, Cotton, snuggled on my neck and I giggled at how sleepy he still was.

"Y/n. It's time to wake up." Grandma softly called as she peeked through the door.

"Okaaay." I said.

I dragged my feet near the window and opened it to get some fresh air.

"Wow~ So refreshing." I mumbled as I enjoyed the cold breeze of the dawn.

I took a warm bath and wore a white tee and topped it with my denim jumper.

I put my hair into a messy bun before meeting grandma in the kitchen who's busy preparing breakfast.

"The flowers will be delivered in 20 mins. So get your tummy filled with these sandwiches before we leave." Grandma said as she pulled a seat for herself. I nodded and gave her half of the sandwich.

Every summer vacation, it had been my schedule to help grandma with her flower shop since i had nothing to do at home anyway. I stay with her for the entire vacation and arrange flowers for her buyers.

I munched on my food and sipped on the freshly brewed coffee.

The shop was located a few blocks away from grandma's house so we usually walk to save money.

I placed Cotton on the basket of my bicycle and he continued to snuggle on the warm blanket Grandma made for him.

"Look! The sun starts to rise~" I said as I pushed my bicycle.

"Y/n, do you know what flowers symbolizes the sunrise?" Grandma suddenly asked as she held on my arm, taking her time to enjoy the sunrise.

"Hmmm, sunflowers?" I answered but she shook her head.

"Morning glory." She simply said.

"Morning—what? I've never heard of those before. Why do they symbolize the sunrise grandma??" I chuckled.

"Because like the sun, its flowers blossoms in the morning but dies by nightfall. Like how the sun rises and sun sets." She explained.

"They only live for a day? That's so sad to hear." I pouted.

"They don't actually die, sweetie. They just look sad and weary during nighttime."

"Those flowers also represent unrequited or restricted love—somewhat like a warning that one should cherish the brief moments when love is in reach." She said with a soft smile.

I was amazed by what grandma said and I was totally moved by her knowledge with flowers.

"Let's walk faster. The delivery man must be there any minute now." She said and so we proceeded to walk.

My eyes were still glued to the beautiful sunrise and the orange-y skies.

We got into the shop in no time and good thing the deliveries were just in time, too!

"Hi Mr. Choi~ Goodmorning~!" I greeted as I signed the receipt.

"Oh! You're back?!" He said in surprise.