Thirty-nine (Dear Diary)

After almost two months of summer vacation, you're finally preparing to move out for college!

"Jaemin! Can you take the boxes with you on your way here?" You shouted at your bestfriend, Jaemin, while he was just about to help you pack your stuff upstairs.

"Got it." He responded.

The university you got in was a bit far from home so you had no choice but to live in a dorm close to where your university was located.

Jaemin placed the box on the entrance of your room and closed the door.

"Were you just starting?" He asked as he sat comfortably on your bed, making himself feel at home.

"I've been trying to figure out how to fit all of these in one bag but I can't." You groaned in frustration.

He shook his head and sat beside you on the floor.

He started folding your clothes properly and you sat there admiring him secretly.

You and Jaemin met in 7th grade and became close friends because you lived in a same neighborhood.

When he knew you were accepted in your chosen university, he actually had mixed feelings because he knew he won't be able to see you as often as usual.

It was a huge secret of yours that you actually like this guy.

"You just have to fold them neatly, Y/n." He said and you pouted.

You stood and prepared the shoes you were gonna bring.

"Hey. Promise to take extra care while you're away okay?" He suddenly said.

You smiled softly.

"I will. But don't worry too much cause It's not that far." You chuckled.

"Really? 4—hour drive from here is not that far for you?" He protested and you chuckled.

"Fine, it is quite far. I'll try to come home every month if possible." You promised.

"You're quite worried about me huh?" You teased.

He scoffed and raised a brow at you.

"Come on, just say it Nana." You said as you closed your closet.

You sat beside him and rested your head on his shoulder as he continued folding your clothes.

"Jaemin?" You asked.

You were suddenly curious about the rumors circulating about him and a girl from your previous school.

"Hmm?" He hummed as a response.

"How are you and the girl you were seeing?" You asked in a serious tone.

Jaemin was actually puzzled because he had no one in mind.

"You don't have to answer. It's fine. I'll just get some snacks." You stood as you went downstairs.

"Hey, wait." He tried to ask something but you already left the room.

"I'm not dating anyone though?" Jaemin sighed and stood to sit on your bed near the lampshade.

His eyes landed on an old, dusty notebook hidden behind the lamp and got extremely curious about it.

He was having a dilemma whether or not to open it but he took it anyway.

The notebook was actually your diary since 6th grade and everything you felt was written in detail there.

You were minding your own business, heating up some muffins in the kitchen so you had no idea that Jaemin was about to spill your secrets to himself.