Forty-five (Nightmares not invited.)

It was already past 7pm yet your best friend Jaemin stared at you while you slept peacefully in bed. You were all curled up like a ball while snuggling with the stuffed toy that Jaemin gave you.

You were feeling sick because you spent the day outside in the rain and Jaemin was so dead worried about you so he initiated to stay with you for the night since your parents were away and your siblings went out to run some errands.

Jaemin is one of your closest friends. Given that he only lives a block away from your house.

He was trying to search for home remedies for fever on his phone when suddenly, you were awaken by a bad, awful nightmare.

You shoot up in bed and you found yourself breathing heavily while drips of sweat started running down your forehead.

"Reen, you okay??" Jaemin started calming you down. He rubbed your back gently and it made feel better.

You looked at him and worry was written all over his face. You tried to give him a small nod as a response.

That dream was terrible that even flashbacks of it sent you shivers!

"You seem to have a nightmare." He said and you wiped the sweat on your forehead.

"Yeah...But hey, why are you still here?" You asked curiously.

You knew Jaemin was supposed to be home, resting at this hour.

"I told you I'm fine." You added.

He suddenly placed the back of his hand on your forehead and checked if your temperature was okay.

You blushed and felt butterflies on your stomach.

"Still kinda warm. Reen, just lay back in bed. I'll look for medicines on your medicine box." He said and went his way out of the room.

Since the room was dimly lit, you started feeling kind of scared. You held the blankets up to your chin and tried waiting for him to come back.

Its been minutes and he hasn't come back yet and you suddenly heard a noise from outside your window so you decided to sprint out of the room with your blanket.

"Jaemin?" You called.

You heard noises from the kitchen so you went to check if he was there and you were right.

"What are you doing?" You asked him.

He just shrugged and went to continue cooking some warm soup.

"You're such a hard headed guy." You rolled your eyes and sat on the dinner table while you waited for him.

Truth be told, you extremely felt bad for him doing such things just for you. But felt more grateful for having him as a companion for the night.

As soon as he was done, he placed the soup in front of you and sat on the empty seat next to you.

"Eat it up while its warm." He said and his kind words made your heart skip a beat.

"Thank you for keeping me company. I appreciate it." You said and he gave you a small nod.

"No worries. I'm not busy anyway. But Reen, please don't stay out when its pouring outside. Look how bad it caused you." Jaemin reminded which made you pout.

"I know. Sorryyy. I'll try not to catch a cold next time." You said with an apologetic smile.

You finished the food quickly and Jaemin looked so pleased to see you feel better.

"Thank you for the meal. You can go home and rest now. I bet they'd be home soon anyway." You said and he nodded.

"I can stay—"

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." You said with a chuckle.

But just as he was preparing to leave, the lights suddenly flickered.

"What the." You mumbled to yourself.

Roars of thunder and lightning was continuously heard and it honestly made you scared.

"Okay...I'll head out now." Jaemin said and you suddenly felt quite hesitant to let him leave.

You followed him up until the door step and was about to bid goodbye when a loud thunder surprised you. The lights flicker once more and you gulped.

'That is scary...how can I ask him to leave at this point?' You thought.

The thunder made you flinch and it made Jaemin stifle a cheeky smile.

"You sure you're okay to be all alone?" He asked with a chuckle.

You were thinking for an entire minute when you decided to ask him to stay though it made you so embarrassed.

"Can...Can you stay?" You asked while tugging the hem of his shirt.

"Sure. Okay." He answered without even thinking twice.

You pursed your lips and smiled and followed him back inside.

"Wanna watch some movie?" He suddenly asked.

"Hm...I'm down." You agreed.

You opened the television and decided to rewatch some of your favorite movies together.

Hours had passed and you felt the urge to sleep. You felt your head getting heavier each second and your eyelids couldn't seem to cooperate as well.

Jaemin secretly smiled watching you get all sleepy and groggy.

He suddenly scooted closer to you and tapped his shoulder.

"Just sleep if you want to sleep." He said.

You smiled at him and rested your head on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Jaemin. I hope I won't get those stupid nightmares anymore." You said with a sleepy chuckle.

He suddenly held your hand and it surprised you. He held it so gently it's as if it was the most vulnerable thing in the world. You felt secured and comfortable with his warmth.

You slowly moved your head away from his shoulder and looked at him in confusion.

"I'm here so don't worry about having nightmares, Reen."

You were caught off guard when he patted your head and placed it back on his shoulder.

"Go back to sleep. I'm not going anywhere." He said with his ever soothing voice.

You made yourself comfortable beside him and decided to drift off to dream land, where nightmares aren't invited anymore.

— E N D —

Hi. I MISSED YOU ALL.

AHHH I HOPE THIS SHORT IMAGINE WAS OWWKAY.

Requested via IG. jeongjungnim_ One of the sweetest girl I've met online. Sorry I wasn't able to chitchat often but I'm glad to meet such a wonderful person like youuu

I hope you guys are doing well and know that you are appreciated and worthy of being happy, always. :>

WHO'S READY FOR NCT 2020?! WELL, I AM!

LET'S SEND OUR 23 BABIES LOTS OF LOVE AND SUPPORT~!

REQUESTS ARE OPEN ONCE AGAIN, TOO.

Thank you to new followers and readers~! I am happy to have you all hereee.

Follow me to keep posted on my updates. Also, I do have a surprise for dreamzens! Please look forward to it!

🦁🐶🐻🐰🐹🐬🦊

💜!