Forty-one (🏸 x Hiccups)

"Guys, don't be late for your training later at 3pm Okay?" Our badminton coach said as she saw me along the corridor with my teammates.

"Yes coach! See you!" I said and she smiled.

Not to brag, but I was one of the star players of our school in badminton since 8th grade until now that I'm in 10th grade.

I've won in various competitions in and outside school and I was doing that because i wanted to impress that single guy in class 11-A.

But unfortunately it was always a flop.

This guy named Na Jaemin was a year ahead of me but we're in the same age group.

I heard he started school earlier than us that's why.

"Of course there's no way you'd be late, Alex. You're the one who asked our coach to have the trainings after class!" Jisung said as he ruffled my hair, putting it all over my face.

I cheekily smiled.

"I agree! She's just excited to see that smart boy from 11th grade." My friend Tracy teased.

I felt my heart racing just thinking about him.

I always wait for him to pass by the gym during my training everyday at 3pm because that's his usual time of leaving their building to get his bicycle near the gym.

I always adored how he looked so freaking handsome when he pedal on his bike! And his bright smiles make my day!

Since the seniors have their own separate building, I seldom get a sight of him.

So I always made sure I'm on time during our trainings because I know for sure he'll come and I'll get to see him.

"So?? At least I'm attending our trainings to practice and not to sleep~" I stuck my tongue at Tracy and giggled.

"HEY!" She glared at me and slapped my arm.

"I was just kidding!" I laughed.

"But what did you really like about this guy? I mean he looks like a normal person to me? Typical smart guy." Tracy shrugged.

"Well~ I like him because...because..." I mumbled.

Shit. Why do I like him anyway? I also don't know.

"Because??" Jisung asked.

"F-fine. I don't know...maybe I like him because of his smile?" I whispered.

Tracy and Jisung looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"What's wrong with you two?!" I pouted.

Jisung patted my head and I groaned in sulked.

I don't even know why i like him so much.

But there's one thing I know, I like him because he's
Na Jaemin.

We went to our classes and I just scribbled on my notebook the whole time.

When I saw that it was 3pm, I immediately took my stuff and raised my hand though our teacher wasn't dismissing our class yet.

"Can't you wait for 5 more minutes, Alex?" She asked.

"Sorry...Training." I shook my head softly.

"Okay. We'll just continue this tomorrow then." She sighed and I bowed politely before leaving the room.

"Thank you, ma'am!"

"You're the best, Alex!!" One of my classmate said and i chuckled.

I waved at them and jogged to the comfort room to change into my practice clothes.