Thirty - four (12:45)

Grab some tissue y'all. This is kinda heartbreaking. I recommend you to play 12:45 by etham while reading this one. I promise it'll hit different and won't be that cringey.

Our Nana has a good taste in music and it makes me cry (;_:)

—««●»»—

"What time are you off from practice?" I asked Jaemin.

"I don't know yet. We're still at the studio so don't wait for me." He said in a monotonous tone.

I sighed.

That was our usual conversation and it continued for over a few months, until now. I kinda feel like we start to grow apart from each other.

It was the hardest realization that hit me. I think we start to fall out of love. The foundation we built together seems to slowly crush into pieces.

It was a monday night.

I waited for him outside their building and he looked so surprised to see me. My Jaemin looked so tired and I felt bad.

He bid goodbye to his friends and proceeded to meet me. He tightly held my hand...but it felt empty.

It was already 11pm and they just ended their practice. Because of our schedule I rarely get to see him get home cause I fall asleep just before he goes home from practice.

We sat under a huge tree and the moonlight shone above so bright.

The air was so heavy and I didn't get it, but the atmosphere was sad.

"You should've slept early. You're gonna have a tight schedule tomorrow, right?" He said.

I shook my head.

"I wanted to see you." I said while I stared at his beautiful self.

"Is something wrong?" Jaemin asked innocently.

I was tired of everything about this relationship and I just want to see him happy again.

His eyes weren't happy anymore whenever I was around and I can't feel his presence even if we're always together.

Then yes, maybe something's wrong.

"I think you should answer that." I said.

He looked at me as if he knew what I was talking about.

"Jaemin-ah, I think we should—" I started but I felt Jaemin's grip on my hand tighter.

I gulped.

I can't see through him like I used to and he seems to be someone I don't know anymore.

"I think we should take....a break." I said looking from afar as I wiped my cheek as a tear escaped from my eye.

He kept silent.

He stood up and ruffled his hair as he rested his hands on his waist. All I heard were heavy sighs from him and I couldn't even hug him and say it'll be fine. That a cool off is something beneficial for us at this moment.

I stood beside him but he won't even allow me to touch him.

"Let's go home." He plainly said as he walked away.

I wiped my tears and kept my composure. I followed him and went inside our car.

The car ride was just as uncomfortable as it was before. His eyes were directed at the road while I shifted my body towards the window.

We walked inside our shared apartment and none of us wanted to speak.

He threw his coat on the couch and slammed the door of our room behind me.