59 | The One With The Bonds

"Good morning Mahesh!" RK says as a tall and fair thin man walks into the family dining room the next morning.

"Good morning sir!" Mahesh says giving RK a red pendrive. "I checked the CCTV footages of last night."

"What did you find?" Madhav asks eagerly. 

"Nothing." Mahesh lies.

"Did you check properly?" Shyaam asks sitting down next to Devi.

"I did. Twice." Mahesh replies. "I didn't see anything or anyone before and after the incident. Perhaps an object in the room scared your daughter."

"It's that picture of that guy from that gossip show on Star World!" Yashoda says as she serves the masala dhosai to RK. "I told you that man looks like the devil! Get rid of that man's poster and everything should be-"

"Hi everyone! Good morning!" Shree greets walking in. She was wearing a pink Ralph Lauren tee-shirt with a pair of sweatpants. 

Shree was carrying Madhu. "Say good morning to everyone, Madhu!" Shree whispers as she caresses Madhu's pigtails.

"No!" Madhu says softly and buries her face on Shree's shoulder.

Madhav walks to Shree and takes her into his arms. "Baby, it's okay. I talked to the security uncles. They said nothing was seen on the CCTVs."

"So it wasn't the Boogeyman or an Asur with horns and a tail  and big teeth?" Madhu asks as Madhav makes her sit on the chair between his and Shree's.

"No baby! Nothing came last night to scare my little princess." He says kissing her head. "I made masala dhosai and Kerala mutton curry for you. That should cheer you up, right? Isn't that your most favourite food in the whole world?"

Madhu nods.

"If you smile for me, I'll make you a bigger dhosai." Madhav says. He leans closer and whispers. "And, I'll make you some samosas in the evening."

"I want ice cream milkshake." Madhu whispers into Madhav's ears.

Madhav smiles. "Done. Don't tell Mumma."

"Our little secret!" Madhu whispers back giggling.

"What did you tell your Nanna?" Shree asks Madhu.

"Can't tell you." Madhu says.

"Why not?" Shree asks lifting an eyebrow at Madhu.

"It's condifential." Madhu says smirking. "Nanna made me promise. He said he will never ever ever ever talk to me if I tell you."

"Keep your Pentagon secrets to yourself!" Shree says as she looks at Devi who was seated opposite to her.

"Karma has got you akka!" She says smiling. "Remember how you and Nanna had little secrets amongst yourselves? And you both refused to share it with me and Amma?"

"So what, you and Amma still have secrets that I don't know of!" Shree says. 

"Is it wrong to do so?" Devi asks quirking her eyebrows. "It's not my fault that you aren't a fan of the hottest gossips of the town."

"That's it?" Shree asks amused. "You and Amma gossip together? I hope you aren't joking because that's so-"

"Whoa, whoa!" Madhav says as he comes into the dining room with a platter full of masala dhosais. He keeps one dhosai on each empty plate and sits on his seat. "Too much chatter, ladies! Less talk and more eating. Is my wife annoying you too much, little sister?"

"Yes, ever since the day I was born." Devi says.

"Says the person who has been a pain in the ass for twenty four freaking years!" Shree smirks.