64 | The One With The Angel

"Travelling bag?" Madhu asks.

"Check!" Madhav says.

"Laptop bag?"

"Check!"

"Snackies?"

"Check!"

"Passbort?"

"Check!"

"Marshall?"

"I'm sorry, Marshall?" He asks looking at Madhu who was seated on the dressing table in their bedroom.

Madhu holds her soft toy Marshall to him. "Take him with you to Lilipines."

"No baby, he stays here with you." Madhav says ruffling Madhu's messy hair. "And it's pronounced 'Philippines', kannamma. It's a really beautiful country."

"Shall I come with you, Nanna! Please!" She asks holding his hand. 

"Then who will stay here and look after Mumma?"

"So many people are here to be with Mumma. But who will be with you?" She asks pulling his hand. "I come too, Nanna!"

"Perhaps another time." Madhav says. 

"Where are you going?" Shree asks yawning as she wakes up to find the packed suitcase near the bed.

"Busted!!!" Madhu sings, looking at Madhav with a little smile.

Madhav sighs and adjusts his blue shirt's collar.

"Chellam, my dear chellam!" Madhav says as he sits on the bed facing her. He holds her hand. "I'm going to the Philippines for a week regarding a-"

"A WEEK?" Shree exclaims.

"Yes, chellam." He says calmly. "I'm going regarding initiating business there and I'll only be gone for seven days!"

"But seven days is-"

"I know, chellam." He tells her holding her hands. "If all goes well as per my plan, I'd be home within four days. And when I come back, I swear I won't leave your side for even a minute. Until I'm back I appointed someone to take extra special care of you."

"Yashoda Ma?" Shree asks.

"No! Nanna appointed me!" Madhu says excitedly as she climbs onto the bed and sits on Madhav's lap.

"I told Nanna because I want to be in charge. I'm going to be a big sister. I need to know my sesponsibidities."

"Responsibilities!" Shree corrects Madhu with a smile on her face.

"Nanna said I must be a good big sister, just like you were!" Madhu says. 

"What else did he say?"

"He wanted me to remind you that he will be back very soon and that he love so so so much!"

"Whatever!" Shree grunts as she gets off the bed. She angrily storms into her walk-in-closet.

"Baby, why don't you go downstairs and have some breakfast?" Madhav asks. "Nanna needs to have a word with Mumma."

 "Tell her she's the prettiest girl you've ever seen. That makes her happy." Madhu says and runs out.

* * * * * 

"Chellam, talk to me, please!" He pleads as he leans on the bathroom  dresser.

"Why didn't you tell me about your business trip?" She asks from inside the shower cubicle.

"Because I know you wouldn't let me go!" He exclaims. There was a small silence. The shower cubicle opens and Shree comes out wrapped in a red towel.